Most people ask how we knew (well I knew, I will also take the credit for being on top of it). When we lived in Laramie I did the one before three or whatever that screening is. She didn't pass the eye test so, they paid for her to see and eye doctor. They said that she didn't need anything yet but that by the time she was five or so she possibly would need them. So since we have been getting her semi prepped for school it was a good time to get her eyes checked. The Doctor asked if we were concerned, I wasn't she never has showed signs of having troubles seeing. D actually thought she didn't need to see the doctor. I really was surprised when they said she did and that it was a strong prescription. She has an astigmatism in both eyes. So she isn't near or far sighted. Astigmatism is pretty much where you can't see and object whether it is near or far it is just blurry. Paiglee was nervous the whole time through her appointment but once she found out she was getting glasses she perked right up. She was excited. She picked out some very cute frames, I think she has good style. They fit her well, I was nervous that she might be made fun of in school but D has eased my fears of this as well.
We went to pick them up on Tuesday and she was so excited cause when we left her appointment without them she was disappointed. But she got them fit and was so excited. It was cute I am so glad she loves them it makes it easier to make her wear them. But when we left the building she stopped at the door and froze, she was wide eyed and said "mom I am scared" and moved her foot in front of her as if she were looking for a step or something. She wouldn't walk unless holding onto my hand and she kept lifting the glasses up so she could see. i took her back in worried. They explained it to me, that her brain is telling her things are not right because they have been a certain way for so long. She also complained of them hurting her eyes which is normal I guess. But they just kept saying that it is a really strong prescription so it is like a huge adjustment. When she had her eyes checked the doctor did say that even with glasses she may not be able to see 20/20. Yeah,um, how was she functioning? Right? That is what I thought. But with a day or so she has adjusted really good. We don't have to remind her a lot to wear them, and she is getting use to this new world of hers. I just hope she wants to wear them when the newness wears off. Also I worry if she does get made fun of she may not want to wear them anymore. So be warned now you make fun of her or say something stupid, this mama bear will rip you apart,got it! Okay, phew I feel better.
But I think she looks great in them and we have tried making it special for her Tuesday when she got them we took her to dinner her choice and then a treat afterwards. She wanted Bajio for dinner. D is also wearing his glasses continually for a while so she realizes she isn't the only one with them. She actually asked D Wednesday where his glasses were he had to wear his contacts for an apt. but promptly told her when he got home he would put them back on. She looks even older with them, now she really looks like a bigger kid. Frowny face. But I still think she looks gorgeous.
Silly face
being shy
1 comment:
She looks so cute.. And your right so grown up now.. But a super cute grown up..
Post a Comment