Monday, August 1, 2011

4th of July

Monday July 4th was our last day at the family reunion, our last paid meal was lunch and so we all said our goodbyes after lunch. Like I have said I would have been fine if it were a day longer.

Well Daryl had planned on doing Frisbee golf with some of the guys in his family. So while he was doing that I kept busy with the girls. The YMCA did a little 4th of July parade so we found a spot for that. It was small but there was candy. There was a little kid by Paiglee that kept taking all the candy so I told Paiglee really loud so the kid would hear me, that she had to hurry so the little boy wouldn't take it all. He got the drift and left some for her to pick up after that.


Waiting for the parade to start




The cutest girls at the parade, and I got their picture


After the parade I hurried up to the horse stables sense I figured everyone was at the parade so there wouldn't be a wait for Paiglee to ride the ponies. She was pretty excited. We did this also while D was playing Frisbee golf. Paiglee loved it, they let me lead the pony and walk around this path they had for the pony rides. The horse Strawberry was her name stepped on my toes and then after the first lap wouldn't walk anymore for me. She would only walk if I was heading back to the stable, so I did and then a lady walked with Paiglee for the remaining time. It was just hard with Emery attached to me, plus my toes hurt from being stepped on. Then I was able to get some picture of Paiglee riding the pony.










There was a mom horse and a baby horse in a corral and Paiglee loved watching them and petting them. She asked lots of questions about them. She wanted to ride them too.


The rest of our 4th we were driving back to the rock bottom. We were going to stay in Laramie but my family wasn't around so we didn't really want to stay. Plus when we got to Laramie the mosquito's were horrible. If we opened the door a bunch would fly into the car. YUCK! But we got home at 8:30pm and then we just waited for the fireworks and we found a great spot to watch them. It was good, and we were glad to be home. Paiglee was excited to tell her friends that she saw her grandparents. I was sad we didn't have any of our own fireworks to have fun with, but maybe next year. It was Emery's first 4th and she liked watching the fireworks.

2 comments:

Lucashell said...

Oh that's awesome in Seinfeld they called it frolf... Frisbee and golf... I loved the pic of all 3 of u way cute... I think u need to start blogging for me :)

Unknown said...

I love the picture of Paiglee holding Emery. She looks so proud.