Tuesday, July 20, 2010

To Nauvoo we go

Tuesday we left bright and early for Laramie because Paiglee had her 4 year appointment. I can't help but continue to take her to the Laramie Children's clinic. My parents were out of town so we stayed at their house all alone. Wednesday morning we headed out early to make our way to Nauvoo, Illinois for Daryl's youngest sister's wedding. We didn't want to make the trip in a day because that is torture so we did about 5-7 hours a day in the car. We stayed in Council Bluffs Wednesday and Thursday we finished the trip to Nauvoo. We arrived and some of Daryl's siblings were already there. Daryl and his brother Lyle took the kids swimming, because well it was hot and humid and not comfortable for us Wyoming people.

Friday was the wedding day. I was super excited to go in for the sealing because other than my own I haven't been to another person's sealing so I was excited to remember some of mine. The Nauvoo temple is gorgeous and Daryl and I haven't been to it since before we were married. I was excited to show Paiglee some of the Church history. The wedding was great and after pictures some of the siblings went to get some lunch and then we headed to the visitor center and walked around there for a bit before Daryl and I decided to head back to Moline for the reception and to help with last minute preparations. I really didn't get to see much of the Bride and Groom because after the reception they headed out and went on their honeymoon for a week or so. It was a good time and I am so glad that we were able to make it out for that. Now someone else needs to get married.

So if you look close at this picture you can see the Mississippi River just beyond the trees, I took this picture from the steps of the Nauvoo Temple, it was much prettier than my picture, and to be honest when I was at the temple last time I never realized it was right on the Mississippi.











Since every sibling of Daryl’s was there except for John. So it was Robert and his family (Heather/wife, Mackenzie, Jake, Chloe), Lyle and his family (Evet/wife, Kaden), Curtis, Daryl and of course us, Brenda and her family (Will/husband, Audrey, Carina, Clarissa) who live in Moline, Wayne who lives there, and Marianne who wasn't around other than on her wedding day. It was like a mini family reunion. Daryl made a rough itinerary of what we were going to do each day with everyone.

Saturday we went to Despicable Me, I have to say it was a super cute movie, it is a must buy for your home movies. And we ate out at least one meal a day while there. Daryl had that planned out weeks maybe months before we left for our trip. What can I say there are some good places to eat there. We went to Uncle Pete's a few times while we were there. The best Gyro's ever.

Sunday was of course church and relax day and hangout with family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the first picture of your family. You all looks so good.