So we opted to finish our 4th celebration the next evening. We kind of BBQed (I know probably not a word) and then we went to light some fireworks we bought. D and I just bought some big morning glories and a few small ones for Paiglee. Our friends bought some big stuff and while we were setting them off one almost lit the sage brush on fire. Then I was in the car trying to find Kleenex because my allergies began to act up and next thing I see is Daryl running down the road in flip flops looking like Forest Gump. I asked where he was going and I guess his firecracker went into this field that was fenced off and it was starting to burn. I kept looking but didn't see a fire then I saw smoke and sure enough there were flames blazing. Then Ron takes off after Daryl in their truck and then Kelly and I take the kids to the fence to see it up closer. Ron picks up Daryl on the way cause it was a long run, and then Daryl jumps out before the car is parked and begins stomping on this fire then Ron joins in the stomping, mind you they were both in flip flops. Kelly and I can't help but laugh because how hilarious these two grown men look dancing in this fire. Finally D thinks to throw dirt on it, and they made sure they didn't have any embers left. They come back and Daryl reeks of smoke, and their flip flop soles are melted. Talk about comical, we called it a night after that. But even after we went home and put Paiglee to bed Daryl insisted on going back out to make sure the fire was completely out and didn't somehow start back up.
So it was a good 4th, eventful and well spent. But really Fourth of July in the rock bottom is not my ideal place to spend the fourth, I just don't think they have that great of a fourth. I am so glad we have some good friends to spend it with.
The next morning we headed out to begin our trip to Illinois.......
The next morning we headed out to begin our trip to Illinois.......
No comments:
Post a Comment