Friday, December 19, 2008

Stuffy Nose, and almost the worst mom ever

So today while I was all excited and trying to assemble my new Shelf Reliance Cansolidator, I was also dealing with Paiglee, being fussy. Yesterday Paiglee woke up with a little cough and her nose seemed to be stuffy. This morning she of course was stuffy and she even had nasty boogers around her nose. She has also been sticking her finger up her nose and sometimes getting things out. I hate it and whenever I catch her I tell her to stop. But all this has relevance, while I was putting my Cansolidator together Paiglee kept coming up to me with her finger up her nose and then I would say stop and she would scream at me. She then just stood there with her finger up her nose screaming at me. I wiped her nose I thought maybe that is what she wanted. Nope she continued, so I told her to go to her room if she was going to act like that. She stood there for a little longer crying but I went on putting my shelf together. She finally went like she normally does and I heard her up stairs messing around then after a while I didn't hear her. I finished what I was doing then I figured I would check on her since I knew she had fallen asleep. Sure enough she was fast asleep and she was wheezing a little when she was breathing so I put the humidifier above her since she was on the floor. She slept there until I heard the humidifier fall to the floor. I run up to clean up the mess, I wasn't mad because I knew it would happen. I brought her down stairs and began to make her lunch since she went to sleep without eating. I then realized she had pooped her pants so I changed them before she could eat (now all this time passing is about 2-3 hours). I lay her down and I am looking at her and talking like always and I realize she has something orange up her right nostril. I tried to act normal as I stared at it so that she wouldn't touch it. I then realized while I was changing her diaper and staring at the foreign object up her nose, that it was a little bead thing off of my Fall wreath. It isn't hard like a bead but like Styrofoam. I then went back to when she was screaming at me in the kitchen with her finger up her nose and played that out in my head. I also thought oh my gosh how stupid, to not take more time to figure out what was wrong. Well then I began to panic in my head, and thought I don't want to take her to the ER here it is horrible and the wait is forever and plus I don't want to pay. So I told her to come here and I grabbed her head and I tried pushing downward on it not hard though. Well it hurt her and she then remembered she had it up her hose and began to cry. Now just so you realize how far it was up there, it was by the thick part of her septum (the bone in her nose). So I let her go and told her to eat. I began to call Daryl who by the way wasn't even in town. I just didn't want to go to the ER. He answers and I begin to panic and try to spit out what is going on. While doing this I look at Paiglee with her finger up her nose again. I yelled/screamed at her to stop and I scared the crap out of her she jumped and began to cry really hard and I began to panic more all the while I have Daryl on the phone with me, who still has no idea what is going on. So then all of a sudden I look at Paiglee because she was kind of coughing and blowing air or whatever and the little orange bead thing was sticking to the outside of her nose. I then grab it all boogery and nasty and take a big sigh and try to comfort Paiglee. Then I begin to tell Daryl what the heck was going on.


But I then think back on it all and feel so stupid for brushing Paiglee away when she first was coming to me for help. I feel so bad about it. But then even when she woke up I didn't even realize anything different about her until I could see up her nose. The bead thing is like foam. I just feel so bad because she was probably scared and I was like go to your room I don't know what you want. I am also so glad I didn't have to take her to the ER for that. I don't even know what they would have done for that. Oh well thank goodness she blew it out and nothing bad came of it, except for a fun story. I still don't know why she put it up her nose, because she never has before. And I have found those things in nooks around the house and then one day she just puts it up there. It was pretty wild.



This is like the one she had up her nose



5 comments:

Beth said...

Oh no. Well hopefully this will be her frist and her last time sticking something up her nose. That little thing is big I don't know that I could get it that far up my nose.

Carrie said...

my friends little girl put a pink paperclip up her nose. It was up there for several days before anyone realized it. Glad she is okay!

Jen said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. You are definityly not the first mom to not understand what was up with their kid and send the crying child away. We've all done it. You found it and you got it out. Thats what matters. POor kid, poor little mom.

Samantha said...

Don't feel bad at all!! How in the world were you supposed to know what was going on, I would have done the same thing (and have!) Remind me sometime to tell you about the tylenol story. :) You are a great mom!!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!