Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Daryl the BIG 3-0!!!!!!

Today was Daryl's birthday and I have been trying to keep it on the down low for the most part. Since sometime last week I have been planning a surprise birthday party for Daryl with the help of my friend Beth. Daryl has never had someone make a big deal out of his birthdays so I thought turning 30 is pretty big so why not throw a party. Well I had planned the party all week and told some of our friends here about it. It turned out great since Daryl was pretty much gone all week for work and coaching that it made it very easy to pull off. I decided to do it at our friend's the Gard's house and I told everyone to be there at 5:30pm I had picked up some pizza's from the take and bake place in town and I made a cake for him on Saturday and did all the preparations and took it all over to Beth’s house to keep there. I kind of wanted Daryl to think I had forgotten which is typical for me. When he got home from out of town and realized I hadn't baked a cake for him he was bummed. He thought I forgot, I even bought an extra box and frosting to put in the pantry so he would see I didn't make it. What made it even better, my parents came in town on Saturday night and my mom had made Daryl a Pecan Pie (his favorite) and so he told me when we went to bed I was lucky that my mom saved me (ha-ha if only he knew). So it made it that much better for me. I was excited all today because I thought I actually pulled of a surprise which is hard to do for him because he usually puts things together. We were all waiting for him to show up and he called and I kind of hung up on him cause he was talking too much. He said on the drive to the Gard's he had an idea that something was going on, but that he was a little surprised. He had taken a nap after church and usually he would wear comfy clothes over to their house but in case his suspicions were true he thought he should actually put on real clothes. But it turned out great we enjoyed pizza and German Chocolate cake (D's Favorite) and ice-cream and great conversation. I am just glad I pulled off the surprise for so long. He got some good gag gifts and I think he felt like I made a big deal out of it, which is all that matters.

But I just want to say that Daryl is the best husband, he is constantly thinking of what he can do for Paiglee and me. He puts himself on the back burner a lot (too much). He helps me a ton, sometimes doing his job and mine. I love his dorkyness sometimes, and the way he is always trying to improve himself. I love everything about Daryl and couldn't ask for a better man to be married to. He has helped me become a better person and he is pretty much my, everything. He keeps life interesting, and very lively. I am proud of him and all of his accomplishments. He is such a hard worker and he goes a long with my ideas regardless if he doesn’t want to. HE has an amazing testimony of the gospel and he is a realistic person. He keeps this household in shape helps me stay sane. He is an amazing father and Paiglee loves him a ton. She always asks where daddy is when he is at work. We couldn't live without him. I love him to pieces.

Happy Birthday Daryl!!!



Beth found a sash for him that said old.

The Over the Hill old as dirt cake



Beth opening the ice-cream with her teeth, it is an attractive picture

Opening his gifts



5 comments:

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday Daryl!! Hope you had a fun night!!

Emily - you are such a sweet wife to plan it all! He is a lucky man too! :)

PS - Is that really how huge I am? I saw that picture of me and about fell off my chair! No wonder people have asked me if I'm having twins! Sheesh! :) We sure had fun! Thanks for inviting us!

Jen said...

Surprise Daryl! I know you were totally shocked. ;) ha ha It was fun! Thanks for having us. :)

Beth said...

Good times and I was so suprised he showed up in jeans. That's probably what took him so long was he couldn't decide what to wear.

You should throw paries more often it was fun.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun, Happy Birthday Daryl. You're such a good wife Emily.

Aspen said...

Happy Birthday to Daryl!
That looked like fun! You look cute in that green shirt!

I got some gloves for Vance that have sleeve things on them. They are fab. You put them on then put their coat on. They can't fall off and they are waterproof and warm for him! You can find them at www.lbow.com! I hope that helps!
Merry Christmas.