Okay so I figure I am going to express some feelings and for of those you who don't care or have thin skin, STOP reading NOW,this post is for my venting pleasure.
Some of you may know I have pretty strong feelings about this years election. I am really sad that my man Romney didn't make the cut for some people. But I am hoping after our new president screws up a ton then maybe people will finally put someone in who can actually get the job done. I am pretty bummed that Obama won the election and I would be just a little bummed if McCain won (he is the lesser of two evils in my eye). Now don't get me wrong I think Obama is a great speaker and he really has a way with his words, cause even when I listen to him I think wow he is really good but then I wake up and come back to reality and gasp for even thinking such a thing. But I will say this because it is true I am not for socialism and that is pretty much Obama's policies. He is for Universal Health care and if that isn't socialism I don't know what is. Plus he wants to lower health care costs, what? I understand somethings cost a fortune but not everything should be accessible to everyone. You know Daryl and I went without Health insurance for a long time until we got a good job that provided it. I don't believe everyone should get health care just because, then you have the crapy service Canada has. If you don't have the job that gives you health insurance get one and if that means get an education then get it. Not everything should be handed to people just because they think they deserve it. Plus anyone that doesn't have health insurance why aren't they on medicaid? Tons of stuff about the man bugs me his policies don't sit right with me. He wants to raise minimum wage to 9$ or something like that. I am sorry when you raise minimum wage cost of living will raise and I think that is the last thing we need in times like we face. Plus he wants to get out of the war and start another one with Afghan. okay I thought we all were done fighting. You know we didn't go in the right place in the first place I think going there after how many years in Iraq is stupid. We are taxed when it comes to this war and the Afghan war would be a ton harder why cause the place is huge it would be much easier if we went there in the first place but to take tired armed forces over is like mass murder to me. But really I don't have a solution when it comes to the war all i know is we shouldn't have gone but we did we shouldn't pull out but I am sure we will, we shouldn't start another war but I am sure we are going to. To be honest I think life is going to get a little more uncomfortable for everyone and much sooner with our new President Obama. I am very leery of this countries future and it is very uncomfortable. Plus add on the fact that Republicans lost a ton of Senate seats and then a Democrat for Pres and you have a mess waiting to happen. Okay enough, I am just not happy with the new leadership but I will try my hardest to respect them and try to trust them, only because the big man says to. These are sad times..
3 comments:
I disagree with you on a couple things, but I don't know enough about them to argue about it. Having said that, I was pretty depressed at first, too. To add to your negative thoughts, I'll also say that I read an article (though I haven't looked into it myself) that said Obama will likely appoint 2-3 new Supreme Court justices. Right now it is fairly balanced, but it sure as heck won't be then. So my big worry is that there won't be much balance in the 3 branch balanced system. Buuut...there should be some positive things about his term, too. I hope. And if all else fails, my brother made this point: even if he screws everything up (worse than it already has been with the stupid bailout and all), the media will make it look like we all live in a big bowl of strawberry ice cream and the economy will improve for a couple of years, but the nation's lax attitude toward savings/debt/credit WILL catch up with us eventually. Obama's victory just means we have a couple more years to prepare. Cheer up!!
One thing I appreciate: Even though we have COMPLETELY different viewpoints, we are still unified as friends. Love ya, lady!
Wow. Michael (My hubby) would love this post. We're pretty bummed at the outcome too. I too don't believe in "free hand-outs." The church teaches us that we should be self-sufficient, independent and NOT to rely on government assistance when at all possible, and for a lot of people unfortunately they're lazy and don't help themselves because the gov. will. :-(
Post a Comment