Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Confrence, Eye results, and happenings around here

Very Long Post
It has been what seems to me like forever since I posted. I was going to post about conference and on Ballard's talk but I ended up making it too personal for the whole world to read so I put it in my journal, so I have attempted to post before now. I must say though I love conference and I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know how blessed I am by this one (what seems to be a simple) blessing. I know that my Heavenly Father is aware of my needs both temporal and spiritual, because it is always so evident during conference when one or more talks seem to be as if the Lord is speaking right to me through one of his apostles. I think that is an amazing opportunity that all members of the church have to hear true revelation from the lord through his Prophets, Seers and Revelators.

On with the past week… Paiglee's eye appointment went good for the most part. Except for when I was filling out the huge stack of papers they gave me. Paiglee was climbing up and down on a chair which was fine since we were the only two. Well she ended up falling somehow. Right as I looked up to check on her she fell. Well the floor was wood and she hit her head hard, I am sure everyone in the building heard it. As I was trying to calm her and comfort her I stood up with her and I look at the front desk and of course there is an old lady who by the way is so lucky she wasn't looking at me or she might have got the finger (excuse me but I have a problem with people like this), but she shook her head with disgust and kind of huffed. You know if you are going to judge me or act as if I am a horrible parent at least look at me so then I can actually flip you off or just give you a nice nasty look in return please don't be a coward about it if you have that much of a nerve. Like I have mentioned plenty of times before, it makes my blood boil when people think they could somehow get my child to behave or act different or even parent better. It takes every inch of my being to not go smack people like that. I figure I got my actions under control next I can work on the whole erg of wanting to hit someone or be nasty (baby steps is all I can say).

But back to the appointment...

They ended up taking us back to the room and it was a while before Paiglee calmed down and before the Doctor came in which is good because if she were still crying there would have been no way she would have been able to get close to Paiglee. But she came in did a couple tests then she put the eye drops in to dilate her eyes. Paiglee cried and screamed and luckily she didn't cry all the drops out so they were able to still work. They then sent us back out to the waiting room while her eyes dilated. Then they came back to get us and I sat in the chair with Paiglee on my lap. She told me what I would have to do and the game plan to restrain Paiglee so she could look in her eyes cause for this part they have no tricks only restraint. Well she laid us back in the chair and then I put Paiglee's legs between mine and squeezed hard to hold them and held her arms down with my arms then Paiglee was so strong that I had to hold her arms with one arm and with the other help hold her head still. During the whole time Paiglee is screaming at the top of her lungs and like I have said she has lungs and she knows how to use them. One assistant came in to make sure everything was okay and the Dr. Lowe just said very fast to get out and leave her be pretty much, kind of funny to see a Dr. be like that. Paiglee also managed to kick off her shoes during this struggle. Dr. Lowe said I will never have to worry about someone hurting my child or taking her. I already knew this not because she is a crazy baby or a fighter but she is 100%, me she has my attitude. This is never a bad thing in my opinion. Dr. Lowe also mentioned during the struggle she knew the minute she saw Paiglee she was going to be a screamer. So I guess it is normal for kids to have to be restrained during this process. But I will say it was great for the one fact that Paiglee was so tired from fighting she couldn't cry anymore afterwards and calmed down really quickly and was tired since she used so much energy. But we won't have to do that test again for a while so next time I can talk her through it. Paiglee is a little farsighted she is equal though in both eyes which is good if not she would need corrective lenses. But she isn't bad enough yet to need glasses but Dr. Lowe said probably by the time she goes to kindergarten she might need light prescription reading glasses. So in my opinion things are good considering I figured she would need glasses at one point in her life since there are a lot of genes of it. But we do have another appointment next month to have her eyes checked again because I guess a young child’s eye sight matures drastically every month cause a month for her is like a year for an adult or someone older. I never knew that. They did give us those rolled up eye protection glasses to wear outside and I told Dr. Lowe there was no way she would keep them on she said oh put them on let her swipe them off then put them back on in the car and she will keep them on. Oh she kept them on in the Car once she realized how bad it hurt her eyes without them, she left them alone. I even got a picture of her in them because she actually just left them on for a minute.



We did go to Cheyenne to get Paiglee a new car seat on Monday. I also hope it will be the last one we ever have to buy. Because I plan on having my kids spaced out three years so I figure there is enough time for one to get out of the other. Who knows though we can hope right? I get tired of seeing that money just leave so quickly. We did buy Paiglee a play kitchen since I am mentioning money just disappearing. It is for Christmas, I know we just finished with Christmas but this was on sale and it is a wooden one. I wanted one that would hold up through the years, in fact it better last for my grand babies. We got it almost 50% off which is great considering the price normally. The wooden kitchens are so expensive but so worth it when you think of the plastic ones that fall apart so quickly. We won't be giving it to her yet for several reasons we have no room and plus we are going to move so what is the point. I figure it cost enough that it is part B-day and the only gift for Christmas she will only get a stocking. But I know it is going to be a well used kitchen cause any time we go to someone’s house and they have a kitchen or even to the Rec-center to play she spends a lot of time playing with the kitchen stuff. Plus for her b-day I also plan on getting her a nice play table so she can feel like a big girl. That will most likely be after her b-day since we have no room to put it anywhere.

I ended up cleaning out all of Paiglee's toys today too. I attempted to do it a while ago but once I realized she had nothing if I took things away I left it. But today I did it because she is too old to be playing with toys from when she was a baby. But now her once full toy boxes are now sadly empty. Plus I took all the bath toys and put them where they belong. So Daryl and I looked on Amazon since we had a 25$ gift certificate and we got her a couple things that are more suitable for her age.

But nothing real exciting has been going on with us. I am just busy waiting for the weather to get above the 40's and stay for more than a few hours that way. Plus I am just going crazy with this job stuff. I am not patient some days I just want to pick up the phone and ask them what is taking so long. I don't care who calls I just want to know something throw me a bone please. Daryl is trying to stay motivated with school he is dragging his feet to get things done, I would too knowing in about a month it will all be over. Today was his last day of his internship so that will be nice to have free time to get things done. He has all his hours in and I guess we are just that much closer to feeling like we are done.

Monday I signed up for my summer classes and fall classes. Even though I am not sure where we will be in the fall I still signed up just in case. I figure it much easier to drop a class than try to get into a full class. I am nervous to start classes after almost three years of not taking any. I am excited but I too sit and think about the time I am giving up with Paiglee. But they are easy classes so maybe it won't be so bad, who knows.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Sorry that Paiglee hit her head. That's the worst when that happens. Glad that her eye appt. went alright. Cute kitchen. She'll love it! Hang in there with the job thing. It is VERY hard, but everything will work out for ya. ;)