I didn't even know I did!
Have you ever heard of a Doppelgänger? In fiction and folklore, a doppelgänger (German for look-alike, literally a "double goer") is a paranormal double of a living person. (Thank you Wikipedia for that definition.)
Well I am sure most never thought of who D looks like or who looks like D, which ever. But it kind of freaks me out how much these two look a like. D's doppelgänger is Josh Lucas, you know the guy who plays in Sweet Home Alabama. I first pointed out to D that they looked freakishly a like when we were first married. He had never had anyone tell him that which I just couldn't believe. Many don't catch it in fact really no one does.
Last summer when D lost a bunch of weight he was looking more like his doppelgänger again. As most know Mt Dew is D's bread and butter. He goes to the Loaf N Jugs almost everyday. Well last summer the cashier at one of the Loaf N Jugs stops him and says you may get this a ton but you look a ton like Josh Lucas from Sweet Home Alabama. D chuckled and said actually I don't but yeah I have been told that. She then proceeds to ask him are you sure you aren't him? And just has this funny conversation with him. Then during our Monday night softball game a team mate said her parents were sitting in the stands and told her that D looked just like the Sweet Home Alabama guy. She tells me this, and says she couldn't believe that after knowing us for two years in Laramie and now back in Rock Springs that she never put that together. I told her most don't, unless I mention it. She couldn't believe the doppelgangerness (totally made that word up). I just think it is kind of freakish how similar they look a like.
This Picture freaks me out the most when I was looking at pictures of Josh Lucas I literally couldn't believe the similarities. I think the glasses are what does it, I can't really find a picture with D not wearing his glasses. Glasses or not I think they freakishly look a like.
I have noticed other doppelgängers before but never ones that are so similar.
What do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment