I have honestly been dreading this day. Not because of it being friday the 13th but that my baby, is One. It makes me super sad. As far as Daryl is concerned she is our last. In my book anything is possible, maybe?! No it is just the definite fact that gets me. I don't know why but I hate it. I have put off preping for her little party because it makes me sad. I did a ton of preparations for Paiglee and put Emery's off till about the very last moment.
I have been horrible at doing her updates I don't know when the last one was, like when she was five months? Not sure! She is a great baby. We all love her to peices and enjoy the personality that she brings to our family. I love having such different children, you get alittle of everything.
What is she doing or not doing?
- She still only has 2 teeth with 6 annoying teeth still on their way, I thought they would have broke through by now.
- She has been cruising along stuff for a few months now but just recently she has begun to let go and take one or two wobbly steps on her own.
- She is still a thumb sucker, and I still love it, her thumb that she sucks is wrinkly, she sucks her left thumb.
- She can wav bye and hi
- She claps her hands and makes the noise of yay.
- She nurses twice maybe three times during the day and once or twice at night. This is decreasing each day is different. Yes she still wakes up at night to feed usually once a night unless those teeth of hers are bothering her.
- she loves to laugh and giggle
- she climbs up the stairs great, and is becoming better at going down the stairs on her own, she still needs help getting started.
- she loves to walk with her walker thing, and loves to push anything, chairs toys if she can push it and walk she will.
- She loves to have her picture taken, if she hears the camera turn on she stops what she is doing and begins to smile and be cheesy and cute for the camera, hence I rarely get a none smiling picture from her.
- she has a pretty smile, that is what we call it, she scrunches her nose tries to show her front top teeth while smiling and tilts her head back. That is her pretty smile. Super cute when she does it.
- She hates milk I have tired it all, I obviously can not get my kids to drink milk, and helpful tips I would love to hear, but I would be surprised if I haven't tried it already. She loves her juice and I have been watering it down.
- She is still a momma's girl and when she is tired or has discomfort she wants to be where I am and if possible being held.
- She is a slightly picky eater, what are the chances to have two. One of my biggest petpeeves. I just want a child that will eat anything I give them. But she is a better eater than Paiglee.
- She loves soy beans gobbles them up like they are going out of style.
- She can click her tongue.
- She loves to chew on my necklaces I wear when I actually lok nice or go to church.
- She doesn't have a favorite toy
- she doesn't really watch tv, show little interest in it, except the wiggles on our trip held her attention for I think the longest was one minute.
- She is for the most part an easy going baby, as long as she has her blanket and thumb she is good, oh and being held.
- She doesn't really like to play by herself, she won't go off a lot and play unless me or her dad are there in the same room or her sister.
- She likes company of people.
- She is afraid of strangers and is sometimes okay with strange people holding her, of course I know all the people who hold her.
- Her hair is filling in where it had rubbed of or shorter, still she has less hair than Paiglee ever did.
- I put her hair in two piggys now since she pulls the one out.
- She doesn't like to have bows in her hair but I am getting her to keep them in slowly.
- I am trying hard to teach her these words in sign language more, finished, eat. I will add others later but these ones will be most helpful now.
All around she is a great baby. I have enjoyed this last year beyond ones belief. I would love to do it over, maybe keep better record of her growing. I love where she is at she is so fun. It just makes me sad once this is gone it is gone. Her being this little will never be again and it goes by way too fast. It just makes my heart hurt a bit. Okay a lot I could cry at any given second.
I remember your birth like it was yesterday, It was a very special time and really one I wish I could go back and relive. You made so much happen for me as an individual and a mother. I want you to know that I kiss you all the time, to the point now you will push me away or pull away. I touch your hands always with the thought they won't always stay this little. And I look at you knowing I won't always be your favorite. You mean the world to our family. You were meant to come when you did. I love that you will be mine forever. I sometimes look at Paiglee and wonder how you will be when you are her age. You can thank your big sister, it is because of her that I relish every bit of your babiness. I didn't do it enough with her. The relationship you have with her already I hope it continues to grow and bond you two together. When I watch the two of you play as Paiglee squeezes and rolls and wrestles with you, and makes you giggle until you couldn't possibly giggle anymore. I see the love you two have for one anoter. I love it! You have made Paiglee's and mine relationship better. You added something to this family that can not be dismissed. I love you and all that you are and will become.
First bath and day home
3 weeks
1 month


2 comments:
Me too:) oh my gosh she so freaking cute...
You made me get all teary-eyed with that note to her, and all the talk about how this time is gone forever. Jerk.
I love, love, LOVE that picture of her with the shower cap on!
Post a Comment