Friday, June 17, 2011

Did she Make it or Buy it?

Beware I am totally bragging



Well let me just tell you I made it!!!! It took some time and some instruction interpretation from a friend, but yeah I freakin' made it!

I spent two nights staying up until midnight and one in the morning just to finish it. The night that I finished it at 1am I couldn't stop smiling and giggling. I was so proud of myself and surprised you couldn't see all my screw ups.

I wanted to make a bag because our library bag was just one of those reusable Wal-mart grocery bags. And it was tearing and had a whole that was in the bottom. So my friend Shellie and I decided we would do one. This bag was in the works right after I had Emery. I also had a few other friends buy the stuff so they could make one. Well we would set up times to get together and sew and we would talk or just hangout. So finally I decided I had better sew it so I can start my mending on Daryl's clothes he had wanted done for months. I know the logical thing would be to do the mending then reward myself with making the bag. Nope, it was a big task and mending is easier. So I started it this week and finished it. YAY!! And I am glad I made mine first so now I can help the others do it with ease and tell them what not to do.

But to say the least I am super proud of my bag. I was talking to a friend about, how awesome the bag is. And I had mentioned I couldn't wait for people to see it so then they will be like "cool bag" and they will ask "where I got it" and I will say "oh I made it." With a big grin on my face. I know I am not very modest but I know you wouldn't be either if you made an awesome bag like mine. (SMILE) It is my first bag that I have made. And now I want to make one for church and for a diaper bag and it would be a cool gift idea.

Our new library bag





Paiglee modeling our bag






4 comments:

becky ward said...

adorable! nice work.

Lucashell said...

I so can't wait to get mine done now.. Your turned out so cute..

Aspen said...

super cute! The sewing machine scares me! I wish I had your enthusiasm. I can't believe how much Paiglee has grown!! ALMOST 5!! So exciting!!!

Sarah said...

Holy crap, Paiglee looks so old!!

Also, holy crap about your bag. It really is awesome and I'm proud of you for being so proud of yourself. Where'd you get the pattern/instructions? I'd like to try that.