The weekend that we went down to Salt Lake with Daryl and his co-workers I took Paiglee to The Living Planet Aquarium. I was pretty excited to take her and was really hoping it wouldn't be busy since it was during the day on a school day. It wasn't too bad it must have been home schooled children because I would never let my child skip school to go to something fun like that just for the heck of it. Really I don't know why but I really hate the smell of places like that. I hate how zoos and places that house animals smell it is so gross and I feel like I leave the places smelling like it. Except when I went to the Denver Aquarium with Daryl when we were dating I don't remember it smelling. Who knows it was a while ago.
Paiglee on a boat simulator thing, it was neat
Paiglee had so much fun, we were able to do all the little activities they have along the way, since it wasn't too crowded. I did get annoyed though because kids are so pushy and well can't seem to wait their turn. Paiglee would be on something and barely get there and little kids would come up and say can we have a turn. I got so annoyed and said yeah as soon as she is done. But Paiglee would right then give up what she was doing, ugh! It got on my nerves bad, and yeah it is my pregnancy nerves. I am not so tolerant these days I will be the first to admit.
I really liked the octopus it was also a favorite of mine, but a funny story about it. We were standing there watching it and there was a giant star fish in the tank with it (not pictured below) and the octopus kept getting on top of it like it would eat it and Paiglee said look mom it is eating Patrick (from SpongeBob). I chuckled, I am surprised she didn't ask where SpongeBob was.
Sting rays are actually pretty gross, and I felt one they are slimy
We tried to watch the sting rays get fed but they freaked Paiglee out and people and their kids are pushy and rude. So I said forget it, I am not standing by these people who are super rude. We went and did other stuff since everyone crowded around the sting rays for their feeding. The crowd did die down a bit which was nice. I did end up telling Paiglee to stand her ground if she was looking at something and wasn't finished and a kid came up to nudge them. Yep I told her that, I tell Paiglee all the time to wait her turn give people their space and we don't get the same in return, I don't feel bad not even a little.
I love this picture of Paiglee it seriously displays her excitement to be there.
Her favorites were the sea horses and the frogs. She could have kept going back to those ones numerous times. We did get to watch the penguins get fed. I held Paiglee and stood my freakin' ground. She liked that part, but I had to ask her if she was done early because well being 7 and half months pregnant holding a 4yr old is not fun or easy. But I stood there as long as I could before I felt like I would drop her.
The penguins were my favorite
She was able to take her time at many of the booths at the end of our time there because really the crowd was dying down big time. When we left I let her get a sea horse stuffed animal because well how are you not suppose to get something when you have to walk out the gift shop. Plus Once she saw the sea horse she loved it.
But really other than the people we enjoyed ourselves and I am sure she won't remember the people only the things she saw. I wish I could have taken some pictures with her but I couldn't since it was just her and me. I would like to someday take her to an aquarium that has one of those water tunnels, like Denver has, she would have loved something like that.
This picture was taken at the end when I was looking at the anaconda
this ore was stuck to the floor and she kept trying to pick it up. She was trying really hard.
You can kind of see the anaconda it was hard to get a picture of it, it gave me the chills though
2 comments:
I love that place, we took Tate when he was like 10 months, it's time to go back...maybe this summer we can all plan a trip down and go there!
Yea I am so with Erin on that one.. It was way fun to take legz there she has only been there a couple times. Then we can go to wheeler farm and see the animals there that is so fun too.
Post a Comment