Okay so it has been forever since I have posted I really thought I would get better at it but I haven't. When I do have free time I am just relaxing or catching up on things like sewing and hair bows. I really feel like I have a ton of things I want to get made or mended and I don't have enough time or energy for it all. But we have also been busy around here, here is what we have been up to:
Paiglee has been really into Halloween this year, she asks about every other day if it is "Halloween Day". We have had quite the time with the costume situation. We were going to have her be a punk rocker. But I got a costume express magazine in the mail and Paiglee saw this SpongeBob costume and wanted to be it. I hate SpongeBob, he annoys me his voice and all. But I said sure that we would look for a costume that wasn't 40$. I looked in town and the only store that carried it was Wal-mart. Daryl and I took her to get it but when she saw it, she didn't want it, the shoes weren't the same as the one in the magazine. But really I knew she saw more than that difference. She wouldn't try it on, and wanted nothing to do with it. Daryl didn't want to spend more money on it. She was crying in Wal-mart just her sad cry and it breaks my heart to see her cry her sad cry. I told him let s just get the one she wants, cause I have been a sucker lately, OKAY!
Paiglee has been really into Halloween this year, she asks about every other day if it is "Halloween Day". We have had quite the time with the costume situation. We were going to have her be a punk rocker. But I got a costume express magazine in the mail and Paiglee saw this SpongeBob costume and wanted to be it. I hate SpongeBob, he annoys me his voice and all. But I said sure that we would look for a costume that wasn't 40$. I looked in town and the only store that carried it was Wal-mart. Daryl and I took her to get it but when she saw it, she didn't want it, the shoes weren't the same as the one in the magazine. But really I knew she saw more than that difference. She wouldn't try it on, and wanted nothing to do with it. Daryl didn't want to spend more money on it. She was crying in Wal-mart just her sad cry and it breaks my heart to see her cry her sad cry. I told him let s just get the one she wants, cause I have been a sucker lately, OKAY!
We went home I got online to see if I could desperately find a cheaper version of the SpongeBob costume she wanted. I couldn't so then I spent a good amount of time looking at costumes online with Paiglee to see if she would be something cheaper. Nope she thought they were cool but didn't want to buy them she wanted that SpongeBob costume. Then Daryl finally broke and let us buy it. Luckily I had a 5 $ discount code on the magazine I got in the mail so I used that online, and we got it for 39$ shipping and all. She couldn't wait for it to get in the mail and when it finally did she was so excited. It really is a cute costume and good quality better than the Wal-mart one and Daryl finally saw the big difference in it when it got here that Paiglee and I saw. He agreed it was a better costume. But she has worn it every day since we received it, so I think we already have gotten our money’s worth. She wanted to show all her friends and began to name them all to see if she could go show them. She still wants to show some that haven't seen it, silly girl. But Luckily it came the day of our wards YW/YM Halloween activity. We were asked to dress up and bring family. She was so excited to put it on.
I dressed up as a mummy with my skeleton baby. The Skeleton was Daryl's idea, he thought maybe it would be too dark for church but I said no it was hilarious, it made my costume.
For a while Paiglee was even wanting to sleep in the costume, we didn't let her since it could possibly become too tight around her neck. But one night we told her she could sleep with SpongeBob next to her, when we went to check on her before bed, she was in it. Notice the SpongeBob PJ's well we bought them for the yellow shirt so her arms would be yellow for her costume, she wears these all the time as well.
This last Monday we carved pumpkins I guess you could say for FHE it was fun, but Paiglee became too wound up over the whole thing. I mean wound up like she makes you dizzy. Hyper, asks a bazillion questions over and over, gets in the way wants to be a part of everything and is ADHD ADD and kind of makes you feel like you have just had sensory over load. And you have the shakes from it all, like you need a smoke or something. She gets super excited with Holidays which I love but she can sometimes be crazy. But I do love that she gets even more excited for the Holidays than I do. I like to do all the "stupid" stuff the kiddy stuff and to have a child who gets excited over it makes it fun. Since Daryl is not into all the Holiday hoopla. But he does it now more for her since he sees it makes her super happy.
We have many activities and festivities coming up this week so I will have to post about all that sooner than a month away.
But to the next thing, the pregnancy.
It is still going great, I have just reached that point where putting on shoes or socks is difficult and you have to hold your breath and squish your belly for a minute. Range of motion is out the window pretty much. But to be honest I still have more I feel great days then not. I sleep good for the most part, I do have a few nights where I wake up every hour. Also I need a fatter pillow because the king size pillow I have been using for my leg separation is not as fluffy as it once was. Which in turn makes my pubic symphysis hurt more. I am having the whole sciatic nerve problem, I didn't have this with Paiglee I think until the very end. My last appointment I found out I have low iron, which I kind of figured since I would sleep for like 13 hours and feel like I didn't sleep then just feel exhausted all the time. I am still feeling like that so I don't know if it is just the difference of this one being my second. I am doing good with my weight gain I am trying real hard to keep it low. And before the pregnancy police let their mouths drop I am in the category of you don't need to gain the 25-30 pounds, and the doc has okayed it. So that has been exactly what I have tried to do is not gain weight. I am proud of myself since with Paiglee I had a hay day with gaining weight and then some. But trust me, girls that like to eat can't not eat, so I just try to make better choices even though I want the whole gallon of ice-cream I eat some string cheese or yogurt instead. Pretty much I am not letting this pregnancy be an excuse for eating to my heart’s desire. She kicks up a storm in there and she gets the hiccups and really they are my least favorite thing. But she still isn't as active as Paiglee was. I really can't believe that I am 27 weeks and that the time has kind of flown. I really try not to complain about pregnancy discomfort I try to enjoy it. I am a complainer if you don't know it just comes naturally for me. But even Daryl has said I don't voice it like I would normally. I am really just trying to take it all in I really don't want to forget it all because there are things about Paiglee's pregnancy I would have gone into more depth with in my journal.
Paiglee has finally got her head wrapped around the whole baby thing. The other day when I picked her up from pre-school she had a little lunch bag with two skittles in it. Her teacher I think gave the kids a skittle for them and one for each sibling they had. Paiglee kept telling me that the green one was for her sister. And I said "yeah where is your sister" and she pointed to my belly and said "in your belly". I thought it was pretty cute and then we usually talk about it a bit. But I think we are set on the name for sure I have looked and looked and nothing has struck me as it being the name over the one we already had picked out. We had this name picked out way back when we were first trying to have a baby. I sometimes feel reluctant to tell people because then I am afraid they will start referring to the baby while she is in my belly as the name. I don't know why but it bothers me, it just feels super weird to me. I just like to call her the baby or she. No name reference yet until I see her. But the name she will most likely be called is Emery Elizabeth. I am sure that is how I will spell it I still think about it though and there is meaning behind it for us. When we chose our names for our future kids they all had meaning. Our boy would be named after Daryl and his dad and my dad. And I was so sure she was a he that I was sure that that is how it would be. But then I thought I want to name a baby after me since D would get one after him. I didn't want to name the baby Emily that is too narcissistic for me and I really don't want to go with Megan because well there are just too many Megan’s and it is too plain Jane for me. So I was thinking of names to where we could end up calling her Emi or Eme however. So I found Emery it is a boy name surname blah blah blah, it is a girl name to me, way to feminine for a boy name if you ask me. So I thought I would run it by Daryl since he shoots down all names, turns out he really likes it and he said the only way we could do it is if the middle name was Elizabeth after his mother. Well he knew I really liked Emery and that he had me, because I don't like the name Elizabeth (nothing against you Betty, since I know you read this, you are a wonderful person) I have never liked the name. Oh and Daryl told his mom this when he told her we were using her name because once we told his parents our boy name and he said "Dad the reason we aren't using William is because Emily hates your name so we are going with this version instead" yeah he thinks he is so cute and funny (okay he is). But Daryl's name is also William so I hate his name as well I guess. But anyways she will most likely be named Emery Elizabeth and Eme for short if it fits. Plus I do really think Emery Elizabeth sounds really pretty together and has lots of meaning for us just like Paiglee's name has for us.
So that is that, I think I am updated for now and if you read through all that I am surprised.
3 comments:
You look so good Emily. I love that cardigan you are wearing in that picture! Paiglee is a cute sponge bob! Vance thought it was really cute too! Glad you are well.
I love that Paiglee wants to sleep in her costume. You look great Emily. I hope people aren't bothering you too much about the whole weight gain thing. I think I gained a total of 7 pounds with Landon, but I ate great and felt even better. My stomach grew like anyone else and he was healthy. Anyway I love the name you chose. I think it is super cute.
I really like Emery too. Also loved your Halloween costume with the baby skeleton. You look good! Way to go with the weight - you're doing better than me, for sure!
Post a Comment