Friday, April 23, 2010

Easter, just a little late

So I haven't really felt like blogging, but I guess I better. We headed to Laramie the Wednesday before Easter. I had a hair appointment the next day and we decided to make a long trip out of it since it was Conference weekend and Easter. We left when it was snowing in RS but it soon cleared after leaving, it was a good drive. Paiglee will finally wear headphones to listen to her movie so that was nice. Daryl and I could talk without her noise or we could listen to what we wanted. Wednesday night we took my dad to the Rapido, it is seriously a must go whenever we go back. We just can't find good Mexican food like they serve. Thursday Daryl took Paiglee to the Rec. center to swim while I got my hair done. I went a tad darker and got some bangs, I am kind of undecided about the bangs, bangs are a pain when you don't get ready every day. Something to think about next time. Our friends the Bade's had us over Thursday night it was good catching up with them, we sure do miss them. Friday morning my mom made bunny cakes with Paiglee, Austin and Daryl, I got to sleep in. Friday night we were suppose to color eggs with my sister and her boys but Allison was sick the whole time we were there and her boys began to get sick so they couldn't come. But Paiglee colored eggs with her grandpa. The idea to put the egg in the whisk from Family Fun Magazine is a brilliant idea. Thursday night we also rented Sherlock Holmes and before we got half way in my mom and Daryl went to bed, so my dad and I stayed up to watch it, it was a good movie. Friday night I began to get sick and congested, Daryl stayed up to watch Sherlock Holmes on the laptop. Saturday morning I woke up and felt like I had been run over a few times by a truck, so we decided to pack up and get out so I didn't get my Grandma sick, plus I hate being sick anywhere but at my own home. Daryl did most the packing and he did it fast, which was so nice. In the mist of it the Easter bunny came early for Paiglee at grandma's house. Then grandma gave Paiglee a Easter basket that wasn't from the Easter bunny. She enjoyed it very much. The roads were not that great when we came back, well from like 20 miles out of Laramie until we were to Sinclair pretty much it was white out conditions. There was a point when we had a car and a truck in front of us and we couldn't see a darn thing, I was just bracing myself to hit the cars in front of us. But we got home safely and had good roads the rest of the way. It was a good thing we came home when we did because Paiglee began to get a really bad congested cough and Daryl was fighting something. So we spent the next week trying to get better. Plus The Tuesday after we got back from our Easter break there was a blizzard in RS and luckily we were too sick to leave because it wouldn't have been fun venturing out in it. We unfortunately didn't get to have an Easter egg hunt for Paiglee because we were not feeling well and plus we didn't plan on being in RS for Easter so I had nothing out to do one. So that was a bummer as well, but really she won't remember.
Since everyone was sick over Easter break we were suppose to head back to Laramie the following weekend to have our Easter dinner as a family but Paiglee was still fighting her cold and wasn't getting better so we opted out. And really it isn't that fun of a drive to make, I actually dread it. Until you get past Rawlins there isn't much to look at. So maybe next year Easter will be a bigger hit at our house. But for what we got to do it was great and it was nice spending more time with my parents and Grandma.


One of Paiglee's bunny cakes


And this is what the bunny cake should look like



Grandpa helping Paiglee die her eggs


Putting sticker faces on her eggs

She couldn't stop staring at her eggs



I love that girl, she just makes me smile


This picture melts my heart to peices, I love this picture, it actually makes me get teary eye


Playing with the camera, there were many attempts before this picture to get Daryl to keep his eyes open



Paiglee's Easter basket from the Easter bunny


Paiglee with her Easter basket

Paiglee with her basket from Grandma & Grandpa she loved it, she accidentally saw it before hand and walked in and said, "oooooo, what is this"


It was a great trip even if we got sick, and we were able to watch conference when we got home since my parents don't get many channels. So it was as good as you can get considering the circumstances.

No comments: