Monday, March 29, 2010

Chili cook-off and Family Visit

Two weekends ago my sister Allison and her family came to visit for a few days. I was scared because there isn't much to do in RS, so I didn't want them to be bored. Our ward was having a chili cook off the Friday they came so they came with us. I took chili and I entered it into the contest hesitantly, I ended up getting the award for Brother Edman's favorite chili, so out of a room full of people I know at least one person really liked my chili. It isn't anything special just the recipe that my dad always made growing up, where he got it, I am not sure. But it is a family favorite of mine, but can you ever really go wrong with chili?

I got this awesome award for my chili, I know, I know amazing right, and I am such a big dork that I took a picture of it




After the cook-off we went home and watched a movie on the projector, it was fun. Saturday we went bowling during the day, and that was a good time. It was Paiglee's first time bowling, and she really liked it. She carried her own ball and put it down the lane. It is something we will probably do more as a family since Paiglee had so much fun and it something she can do and feel big while doing it. Everyone had fun and Leonard was able to get us free games because one of our lanes was going out of whack on us. After bowling I took Allison shopping at a good store here. She found several things that she liked which was a huge plus, she is now in love with FashionBug. I was going to make chicken pot pie but since we shopped too long we got some take and bakes and had pizza. We watched some movies, Astro Boy and The Boys are Back, they were both good, plus it is just fun to watch a movie on the projector. Sunday we were going to go to church but I had cramps and back aches and didn't feel like being uncomfortable at church so we stayed home, I made my chicken pot pie for them for lunch, and we just hung out Sunday before they left. I am so glad they came to see us, it was just a laid back fun time. Paiglee enjoyed having cousins at her disposal to play with, whenever she wanted. Seriously guys come back again, heck if not for us, for the amazing shopping. *wink*


The kids before they got their bowl on, Paiglee loved having the boys here, ever since they left I catch her playing by herself and talking as if they are here using their names, pretty cute.

carrying her big ol' ball


Duran thought he would rub in that I did bad my turn

Okay so not a great picture, for some reason Daryl can't seem to not blink, this was the best pic of him with us, and doesn't he look thrilled, dispite the way he looks he had fun


Paiglee was showing Allison her starfall game she is pretty good at doing it on her own


some video that I took, sorry it is shaky and some what blurry

No comments: