Friday, July 31, 2009

Carmen Family Reunion

This last weekend we headed up to Laramie for Daryl's mom's side, family reunion. We were really looking forward to this because ever since we moved to Rock Springs we don't see much of his family anymore, which is a huge downside. We were ready to see his parents and the extended family that we had not seen for almost a year. We stayed with my parents because as we all know I was super camped out. The reunion is usually always at the Hynde's Lodge up in the Happy Jack area.
We arrived at my parent’s house Saturday and just hung out with family, my sister Allison and her family were staying there because they were in transition to moving into their new home they bought, and they were staying with my mom while painting and new carpet was being installed. It is a cute home on a huge plot of property, they got a great deal and I am so happy for them they really deserve it and have worked so hard towards this. I didn't get any pictures of it though. So with them there and us it was a full house but I was glad because it meant one less place I had to go to visit people. We went to dinner with the Zables at this new Thai place in Laramie and it was pretty good. And Paiglee was a dream we got her a few snacks from the store and she was great at dinner, I barely heard a peep from her, Daryl and I both were shocked since she didn't get a nap and it was getting late. We just want to know where this kid has been and why now are we just seeing her, she was beyond good. We hung out with the Zables a little longer and talked and it was a great time to catch up with them. Thanks you guys!! Oh and I also went to the Wal-Mart in Laramie cause well the one in Rock Springs flat out sucks it never has a darn thing and so I had a hay day looking around while Daryl talked to everyone we know in Wal-Mart. We use to always say you want to see your friends go to Wal-Mart you always run into one if not more.
Sunday we headed to Cheyenne to see D's parents and spend the day with them since that is where they were staying until the reunion started. We went to the Olive Garden which they treated us to and it was super yummy, I miss eating there, we usually always went there when we went to the temple for our monthly go. Paiglee was once again an angel she was super good and made it that much more enjoyable for us. We then headed to a park and hung out and talked and then tried to get Paiglee to sleep at Curtis' place but she wouldn't so we just sat around and talked and then went for a bite before Daryl and I needed to head back. It was an enjoyable day with D's parents and Curt.

Feeding the geese and ducks at the park

The Geese were sworming them

She was trying to get close to the baby ducks

Monday Paiglee had her 3 year apt in Laramie and so we had that to go to bright and early. Going there makes me miss her doctor even more and just the clinic in general it is a great place and pretty much all the doc's are great. But she is 37.5 in. tall which is in the 60 percentile and her weight is 34 1/4 lb. and around the 80 percentile for weight. She also had to get one of her shots that they didn't give to her when she turned 2, so I was worried about that but she was a champ. The poke then a frowny face and that was it, the nurse was so quick and great she didn't cry. In fact the nurse was so good we couldn't tell where the poke was until it finally started to bleed. I am telling you I love the Children's clinic in Laramie. Dr. Horst is by far the best Doc ever and it is just fun to see him he just is so personable with the kids. But really Paiglee is doing great. They do a little developmental screening questionnaire thing and well turns out Paiglee is functioning between a 3 3/4-4 year old level developmentally so she is almost a year ahead, which I was so pleased to find out. She is a smarty.
After the Doc apt I went to visit my friend Sarah and I talked with her until Daryl was done having breakfast with one of his buddies. I then took Paiglee home to nap and I took a nap and then we headed up to the Lodge and it was a great time, I was glad we got to see everyone and catch up, I really wish we were location wise closer to his family, they are amazing people and I love being around them. D's uncle George puts on a magic show usually every first night and last time we didn't get to see it and I saw part this year and it was so fun, I wish I had my camera because it was so neat. We called it a night and headed back around 9 I think. And as we were leaving we see storm clouds rolling in and lightening in the distance and I looked at D and said I am so glad we won't be sleeping in a tent tonight, and that I felt bad for the ones that were.
Tuesday we hung out at the Lodge all day and did lots of activities with the family. They did crafts for the kids and then there was a piñata which was fun. Paiglee got a few turns to hit it and she really enjoyed that. They didn't have a good eye cover so we volunteered Paiglee's blanket and she was not happy so until it they stopped using it she was a mad little person. But she had fun picking up candy, well actually she didn’t pick up candy she held the bag for me while I picked up her candy she wouldn't for some reason I think it was on the grass and dirt so she thought it was dirty or something. After the piñata there was a fact fear factor and it was a lot of fun, it was great for little kids and adults; there were some good laughs with it. Then after that they did paintball guns which is one of D's and my favorite things out of the reunion, but this year I opted out cause I wanted to go to Kohl’s to shop and plus someone had to watch Paiglee and she needed a nap which never happened. So he balled it up while Betty (D's mom) and I went shopping. I didn't find anything which is rare for me at Kohl’s, but it was nice to get Paiglee some quiet time. But Paiglee did make out with some things; Grandma Michael bought her a Dora book with a phone thing and a lightning McQueen car. She was silent the ride home. Then when we got back turns out D didn't remember to change out his contacts and couldn't see so well and almost fell off a 10-15 ft drop, he opted out after that. Plus Christine got him in the head and I really think it was cause of that (just kidding babe). But we stayed for dinner which was super yummy and then had to head home to Rock Springs.

Pinata Fun



See how she is holding the bag and I am having to pick up the candy

I was sad we had to leave a day early but D had to work the next day so it was a must. I enjoyed it so much and it makes me miss his family more when I see them. But luckily his parents are coming Sunday to stay for a few days before they head back to Moline. So I am busy getting ready for them, in all it was great.
Christine after digging through oreo crumbs for wormbs blind folded

George and Marie chewing lots of bubble gum.

No comments: