Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What we have been up to

So we have been pretty busy around here. I guess I will just sum up what we have been doing.


Paiglee has been stuffing her shirt with socks to look like she has boobies. Yes one day I was downstairs Daryl calls "hurry and bring the camera" I was a little late to catch the first one but while we were standing there talking she did it again and I was able to get a kind of god picture of her fake boobies. It is hard to tell but you can kind of see. It is pretty funny, but kinda crazy that a 3 year old is already doing that. I asked Daryl "do you think I shouldn't be naked in front of her anymore?" but I doubt it is anything bad and you know what as long as she wants them I am fine, it could be worse.


We have been relaxing and hanging out when not busy with other stuff



Paiglee has taken a liking to painting and she is pretty good at it. We have started to go to the Home Depot craft Saturday that they have here the first Saturday of each month and she made a little box and then after it dried a few days later we let her paint it. Plus she got the cutest little apron from Home Depot that she loves and is perfect for painting.



We have been busy doing hair and eating yummy chips, I really liked this picture of Paiglee






We also went to the Zoo this last weekend, I was pretty excited because I have never been to a zoo and so it would be both Paiglee's and my first time together. It was a fun filled day with the family. Although I really wasn't awed by the zoo or the animals, just because so many of them looked sick and really old and tons of the animals were sleeping and lazy. It was hard to get the animals in action, the giraffes were the high light for me animal wise. Paiglee loved she got tired of looking at all the animals and was just having fun exploring. The animals were pretty boring, if you ask me. We did ride this little train that was fun and she loved it, after about two ours of walking around we got her a little souvenir and went to eat. We stopped in Park City so that I could shop for Paiglee's summer clothes and we ate and this really good Deli place I can't remember the name, but it was so yummy. I was also having an off day with driving cause I took so many wrong turns and for some reason couldn't so the round abouts right. Oh well I am still the best driver! It was a really fun day and Paiglee was pretty good until the car ride home and then she was just so tired that she didn't know what to do. I would go again though.




We have also been doing a few improvements to our house, mostly outside and in the garage. Our main focus has been on getting our backyard done. We haven't spent much time out back because it is just dirt, but we finally got on the ball and put up Paiglee's swing set and we have been wanting to put rubber mulch around it so we had to wait until we found it for a decent price and it came in season. Then last Saturday we began to put it together then Monday during Paiglee's nap I began to do the rest it was a lot of fun, plus I got some sun ( okay maybe too much sun). When Daryl came home he came back and helped me. Then yesterday Daryl leveled out the ground underneath it then put up the border and weed mat stuff, then Beth was kind enough to let us borrow Gary's truck (thanks a ton) and Daryl went to get the mulch. Surprisingly he guessed like right on how much we needed. Paiglee loves it and I love it cause she can go back there without me. We are planning to put in grass this weekend so I am pretty excited soon our yard will be finished. I can't wait to plant some flowers back there now. Once everything is all done I pan on spending a lot of time back there. Hopefully now Paiglee can master pumping her legs to swing herself.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paigelee looks so big in that picture with her hair pulled back. Looks like you've been having a lot of fun!

Beth said...

Wow the swing set looks nice with the mulch under it. It will be so nice to have a lawn. You guys did a good job very impressed. I also have to aggree that P looks so grown up in the picture with her hair pulled back. I also laughed today that the zoo animals seemed to be dying. I always wonder what they think of their lives.

Sarah said...

Yeah, the zoo and circuses are depressing. Paigelee's swingset deal is pretty sweet.

becky ward said...

you are one step ahead of us. we aren't even close to getting grass planted in our yard yet. but, hopefully this weekend we will have our dirt moved around and a spot dug out for our swing set. we were thinking about filling it with bark. how much does rubber mulch cost anyway? and what did you guys border it with?

Jen said...

Wow, your swing set looks great. I almost didn't see Paiglee swinging, she blended right in. :) Looks like you've been having fun. Glad you got to go to the zoo. Love lovelove the booby pic. ha ha ha ah :)

Anonymous said...

wow that looks great back there, I am sure that will be so much fun for her.