Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Survey! I think this is fun

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, growing up in my house we had wrapping paper from like our first Christmas because my mom made us open our gifts carefully so we could re-use the paper. I just thing paper is the way to go for Christmas then you feel you opened something.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, it is all I know, plus I think real ones are ugly I have never seen a nice real full tree in someones house before, I like full fluffy trees and you only get that with fake ones.
3. When do you put up the tree? Well I think Daryl would like to never put it up, but I like to right after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? I think we leave it up until maybe New Years but Daryl is pretty anxious to get it down so that is one thing I like I put it up he takes it down, the up part is so much more fun.
5. Do you like eggnog? I like Eggnog it brings back good childhood memories but I haven't had it forever because Daryl doesn't like it so I don't buy it, maybe I will so them Paiglee can try it
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I can't really remember I was pretty excited about all my gifts as a kid but I do remember getting a baby doll named Daina and a cradle to go with her and I still think about it when Christmas comes around
7. Hardest person to buy for? Daryl I never know if he will like it, I get so nervous and worried about buying for him, and my mom she is so picky( but this year she actually told us what she wanted) oh and my Grandma just because she has everything and she is simple, she doesn't need much nor want much
8. Easiest person to buy for? Paiglee by far I have fun shopping for her there are so many choices I have to narrow it down by setting a limit, I could go crazy for her
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Umm I guess I have one that I made that is wood but it doesn't have animals, then I have a glass figurine of Mary Joseph and Jesus ( not so much nativity scene, I don't know) then I just made this glass block set that has vinyl on it I am not sure if it counts as a nativity scene.









They aren't the traditional ones really, do they even count?




10. Best Christmas gift you ever received? I got a necklace from Daryl that I love, and one year my mom bought all of us kids queen beds posture pedic I think it was great, I have received a on of good ones like a shopping card to Kohl's from Daryl's parents that was a shock to me
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Oh I have many but for some reason I can't think of them right now
12. Favorite Christmas Movie (s) My all time fave from my child hood "One Magic Christmas", I like Home Alone it is just a classic( but only the first one),
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually start looking online in September but usually November
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?? I don't think I ever have
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? All the yummy treats and Daryl would say his mom's sugar cookies ( they are the best I have ever had)
16. Lights on the tree? Of course
17. Favorite Christmas song? Noel and Ding Dong merrily on High, Hark the Harold Angels Sing, and Baby it's cold outside, and a lot of the classic stuff I really like Christmas music
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We usually travel but we are going to start staying home but I really miss Christmas at Daryl's parent's house, for some reason as an adult going there just makes it feel like the holidays to me
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? To be honest probably not
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have an Angel I really like her
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Growing up we opened all our presents on Christmas eve and then Santa brought more ( I thought that was the norm) But Daryl doesn't like it that way and since I have spent most my adult Christmases with his family we have opened them Christmas morning and I really like doing it that way.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? How commercialism almost takes over the holiday, and has people more worried about how many gifts they are getting kids and how people go into debt for the holidays, than what this time of year is meant for, yeah that gets under my skin ( maybe that is because I am married to someone that made it very clear how commercial Christmas has become, I never worried about hat until Daryl came along)
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Well we don't have any traditions for dinner yet, but growing up I loved the food Christmas eve was nachos and clam chowder soup and my grandma's popcorn balls, Christmas day was just like Thanksgiving pretty much, I just like it all
24. Do you send Christmas cards? I never have because we were college students and I wanted to do cute ones that cost money plus we never had Family pictures I wanted to show people, but this year I am all about the Christmas cards I am really excited about them this year and I hope it will be something I do each year
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? If I could have anything I wanted, First to go shopping for clothes, then I would like a nice cast iron enameled pot and a Kitchen Aid, and then money, who doesn't though right. But Daryl and I aren't doing gifts this year for each other so that we can save.

Okay so my answers are long, but heck it was fun to answer it.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Yo lady. Loved your list. Hey is Chris Packer's wife your sister or cousin or something? I got a comment from my old friend and when I saw his wife I thought of you and then I saw your name on their list!

Sarah B. said...

Those nativity scenes totally count! It was great to talk to you!!

Beth said...

Fun list. Your nativity scenes count. I also love the necklace Daryl got you.