Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Favorite Time of Year

Hot Chocolate with homemade whip cream YUM!

The Holiday season is my favorite time of the whole year. When it is September until January I am usually in the holiday spirit. It has started a little late this year for me; I didn't start listening to my Christmas music in August or even October for that matter. Ever since we moved we have just been busy people with a lot of other things to think about. But I love the winter cold days for Christmas after Halloween it can snow and be cold but not until then and then it has to stop snowing at the end of January in my book. I love to have snow on the ground for Christmas I love to cuddle up inside and drink hot chocolate. I love to venture out and play in the snow with Paiglee and then come back in to get warm. I don't know what it is about the holidays that just give me a cozy feeling inside and it always makes me resort back to being a kid (I love to have a kid to do all the dumb dorky stuff with). I loved holidays when I was a kid (even if my mom was the Grinch) out of all my favorite childhood memories the holidays stick out the most and I love it even if I remember fighting with siblings. I love how most Super Saturdays and Fabulous Fridays come during this time of year. I love how it is a time to remember our Saviors life and his example. I know the birth of the Savior is a well known story to just about everyone and for some it might get old but to me it doesn't. I love to remember him and I think with the magical feeling in the air that the Holidays bring it makes remembering his life that much more special and amazing. It hasn't really felt like Thanksgiving is next week or that the Holidays are fast approaching for that matter, to me. I guess because in Laramie we usually had snow by now and well we haven't had snow once except for the one time in late September or early October that it snowed and left 3 or so inches. And at that time I didn't want snow, but now it is getting to be that time where I want it to snow a little to make it the holidays for me. Weird I know, it just isn't the holidays without snow in my book. So even though I haven't had snow I have begun to play my Christmas music as much as possible even though it drives Daryl crazy. Just to make it feel like the holidays are here. And I can’t believe that next week we will be putting up Christmas lights, time has flown, next week November is over and it just began it seems.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Holidays too, it seems like it has come quickly. I can't believe that it is almost Thanksgiving, but I am excited to start decorating for Christmas next week. I hope I can get Mark to put up the lights this year outside! Yeah for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I love holidays too! There's always something special in the air! And Laramie hasn't gotten any snow this year..so it's been kind of a bummer as well!

Aspen said...

Thanks for the sharing of holiday spirit! I haven't found mine yet!!! I needed some help!

Jon and Karen Egeland said...

HI, I am a Friend of Lauren Shumway's. She told me that you live in Rock Springs, Wyoming. My husband and my family are thinking about moving there, I was just wondering if it's a good (small?) place to raise a family at. Thanks for your thoughts. My blog is egelandempire.blogspot.com
Karen Egeland