Wednesday, August 6, 2008

We made it safely to Rock Springs

Wow!! Is all I can say. I can't believe how little sleep you get and how much darn work it is to move away. We have had a pretty smooth go considering worst could happen. I don't even know where to begin. So much has happened. I almost feel like how in the world did we get here. I guess I will write a little about each day (well it won't be a little).

Wednesday- We got the truck early and moved all day. I had a hair appointment and well that caused us to get a late start on the road. Sarah was the best since she watched Paiglee all Thursday for me. Paiglee and I did not leave until 7:30pm two hours after Daryl cause I didn't want to pass him on the highway nor did I want to travel at their speed. I of course cried when it came to say goodbye to Sarah and her family. I am really going to miss them. Paiglee traveled great I was a little worried since I have never gone further than Cheyenne with Paiglee alone. We got to the hotel and they didn't have any portable cribs left and we packed ours and so Paiglee was up until midnight walking around while the rest of us were trying to sleep. That was a bad night.

Thursday- We woke early well I did 4am I couldn't sleep. I finally got up to get ready and we started the crazy day. We had our walk through at 8:30 am and then our closing at 10am. I was so impressed with our new appliances I love them!!!!! Then after closing we checked out of the hotel and began to move into our first home. That was a huge process and it was hard with a cranky child so we really just wanted to get to the crib so Paiglee could sleep. She didn't go to sleep until 2pm or so after putting her down at 11am. It was rough moving with her. I tried to keep Paiglee busy and out of the way while Daryl and Curt moved things in. I tried to clean because there was dust everywhere due to the new construction. That was impossible! Then I just ran around doing things that needed to get done and waited for things to get moved in. I showed some of our friends that are here for the summer our new place also. We also discovered that day that our TV wouldn't fit on our built in shelving because our TV is too fat in the back. So we had to buy a flat screen TV which was unexpected but Daryl is happy. I swear moving is way too pricey these days. I am so glad we have been saving for a while because there is so much that is never accounted for. So we put our old TV in the armoire in our guest room.

I can't really tell you what we did the rest of the time cause the days just seem to blend together. All I know is we have been putting things away and I have been cleaning since last Tuesday. I am so tired of it. I feel like the stuff never ends and we have so much organization to do. I can't decide where I want pictures and it took me a good day or more to decide how I wanted my kitchen. Paiglee's first night was rough Daryl said she woke up several times screaming no, no, no, no...I didn't hear her cause I was out like a light. Plus our new bed well let me just say it is Heavenly. My hips and knees no longer ache in bed. Daryl and I don't touch each other when we are sleeping and I don't wake up when Daryl gets out of bed. It was so worth the money and the best thing we have bought other than this house. All the rooms are bigger than I remember and our King bed doesn't make our room as small as we thought. Daryl put up Paiglee’s kitchen after like three hours of trying (I have no comment on the subject) but when he was done after a big mess that was caused she jumped up and down saying yay.. yay!! She loves it. She doesn't like to be left alone in a room by herself. She has gotten better at sleeping and she is slowly adjusting. Good thing we decided to give her binky back to her it has been a life saver.

Sunday was the cherry that topped everything off. We LOVE our ward. It is like night and day. I think just about everyone in the ward introduced themselves to us. Paiglee did great in nursery she even kissed the nursery leader goodbye. Everyone was so nice and welcoming. We were even invited to a game night this weekend. I went to play group and the women are so nice and they made me feel really welcomed. The bishop was the first person to talk to us on Sunday and his wife is so friendly. I really couldn't say enough good things about the ward. All I know is that the Lord has better plans for us than we ever could for ourselves. I would have never seen this for us if you told us a year ago we would be going to Rock Springs. But I couldn’t be more pleased. Our Neighborhood is great we have had a lot of neighbors come and say hi give cookies and ask if there was anything we need help with. I really enjoy it and the area that we live in is just perfect. We do live next to a dog but I am hoping once it gets use to us it won’t bark anymore. Plus I talked to our neighbor today with who owns the dog and she is very nice.

I can’t wait until Daryl gets our back yard fixed so Paiglee can go out to play. We kind of live on a hill and before we went to the park she was on her sesame car rolling down the hill with her feet picked up going so fast and just laughing her pants off. She could do that all day. If only she would stay close to the house. She has really missed playing with her friends we had in Laramie. She says Maggie’s name a lot who is one of her friends in Laramie. I know if she saw Giana and Maggie she would be so happy. There aren’t very many girls in our ward close to her age there are more boys. That is a bummer.

We went for a bike ride this evening and well it was a workout. For those who may not know Rock Springs is nothing but hill after hill after hill. There is hardly any flat ground and if there is it isn’t for long. Plus they don’t have bike lanes like Laramie does one their streets so it freaks me out that some crazy person will get too close.

But really everything is great. I love our house and our ward and I am sure Daryl is going to enjoy his job and the people he works with. I have told Daryl many times I feel like I should pinch myself because I can’t believe we are at this point in life and that we are so blessed to have everything work out.

Here are some pictures of our new place. They aren’t very good but it will have to do. Plus we are not done decorating and so the walls look very blah. Also Daryl and I have had many discussions about the curtain in the living room if anyone would like to give me your input on them I would like to hear. I don’t care for them Daryl thinks they are cool. Be honest if you leave feedback please.

Living room




other view of living room


looking at front door





Looking in from front door



Looking from dinning area

Looking from in kitchen

Looking from fridge my stove doesn't have coils and it has five burners how cool is that! My dishwasher doesn't sound like it might drop through the floor.


1/2 bath

going to garage

view from garage

going up stairs
master room


master bath

laundry room



laundry room

Paiglee's Bath room



spare room/guest room




view from kitchen towards back door to yard

view from back door



view from door way



moving in



view from top of stairs




my fridge it is amazing I have fruit and veggies that haven't gone bad yet, in my fridge in our apartment they would be close to not useable by now.


Pictures of Paiglee's room will come later when she is awake and I will post pictures of our yard when it is done hopefully before the end of the month. I can only hop though!

I am hoping to get back into a routine and posting on a regular basis again, that may not happen until we are totally settled in though.

2 comments:

The Howell's said...

Emily!! You're house looks awesome!!! I'm soooo jealous!! I want to move into mine. Sorry the move didn't go so well for ya, but hey, it's over. Yeah, Rock Springs is FULL of hills, it's a good work-out though : ). Well, good to hear that you made it safe. Good luck!!

Lauren said...

I LOVE it, Em! Congrats. You guys are so lucky and I'm so glad that everything worked out for you to get your own place! So glad that your ward was awesome and that they made you feel at home. I'm sure that you'll LOVE Rock Springs. Yes, the Lord really does have things in mind for you guys! :)