Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Paiglee!!!!!

Today was Paiglee's birthday. It is crazy to think two years ago my baby was just entering this world. She is more two than ever and well what can I say, I will just try and enjoy it the best I can. Some days I wish I could turn back the time and hold her as she once was, all small and fuzzy and cute. But I think about where we are and I love who she has become. Although she has 100% my personality and temper and well is just like me, I can't help but love her even more for that. She is one of a kind! She makes me laugh all the time, she enjoys it too. She is so loveable when she wants to be and when she is you know she just really means it. She is so energetic and some days I maybe cursing it but really I enjoy having her push me to constantly move. Daryl and I enjoy watching her learn new things everyday and these days it is literally every day. She has always been a girl who knows what she likes and how she likes it and she won't have it any other way, can't blame her. She is very smart and has just begun to take off with all the things she needs to learn. She can count to three, she knows a few colors when she sees them (blue and yellow), and she learns tons of new words each day and actually says them. She is such a joy to watch and play with. I love that she is all mine and I especially love how she calls out mama when she needs me. She is just becoming so big so fast and I can't seem to keep up with time. I tend to still call her my baby but really she is my big girl. I love everything about her. She is the most beautiful little girl and she is a joy to have in our life. Daryl and I love her so much and want the best for her.
We didn't do much for her birthday because this weekend we are throwing her a party with friends and family. Daryl did sing her Happy Birthday all day and she thought her was going crazy. Daryl also made her a birthday cake since I wanted to order one for the party, he insisted on making one for today. He wanted to make the Wiggle car and I have to say I totally doubted he ability to do this. I baked the cake and he did the rest except I frosted it. I think he did a great job and considering he has never done anything of the sorts it turned out nice. Daryl says he got his "Duff" on from Charm City Cakes. We invited some of our friends over to eat cake with us and to kind of make it seem like today was her birthday. I must say though it didn't feel like it I am sure it will when we have the party.
I decided to do the same theme that we did for her 1st birthday the Wiggles. I couldn't think of anything that she really likes other than them, so I am getting the same cake as last year but I did change up the invitations. Plus she will get another Wiggle car on her cake in case she loses the one from last year. We are very excited for her party. We have a very busy weekend with her party and the garage sale. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAIGLEE!!!!!

The BIG Red Car


The car is suppose to be red but apparently when you put red food coloring in white frosting it makes pink. So it is the Big Pink Car rather than Red.


The DOTs on the sticks are suppose to be the Wiggles in the car


What do you think, is it kinda of close?





This is what Paiglee looked like while we all sang her Happy Birthday, I wonder what she was thinking? She looks like she was into it. She cracks me up!


Oh she actually ate the cake she has never eaten cake so not only did it look amazing it tasted amazing.

Daryl did a great job, huh?

4 comments:

Emily Asay said...

thats awesome!!

Aspen said...

Happy Birthday Paiglee! We were thinking of you yesterday. Hey Emily, what size of clothes is Paiglee wearing these days???

Hoss.Rose.MiniB said...

Happy Birtyday to Paiglee!
Wow, amazing cake. Daryl has some incredibly amazing hidden talents, though never having heard of the Wiggles, I am not sure how accurate his replica-in-cake was, but I think Duff would be impressed...ah, maybe.

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Paiglee!! That look on her face is priceless! That is too funny.