Sunday, June 29, 2008

New Ward, New Nursery

Well today Daryl and I planned to attend a different ward, the Washington Park ward. We have finally had enough of our own ward and couldn't push through these last five Sundays. Plus I don't think they will miss us, they hardly ever noticed when we were there. Well it was a good experience and we enjoyed it so much. First of all it is at 9am which is Paiglee's best time of the day. So she was a dream, and I actually heard the talks and enjoyed them. We just felt like a part of it, like a ward should feel. Now don't get me wrong I have great friends in my ward but that is not all we go for, (plus my friends already know how I feel). I felt more a part of a ward I have never been to than I ever have in the three years I have been in Spring Creek. Nothing was different we knew just about the same amount of people talked to about the same amount. And it’s not like they had the band playing for us, they were just warm people the feel of the ward was more welcoming. The leaders were on top of their game. Daryl and I both really enjoyed it and didn't leave church saying “ugh, finally it is over” or grumpy or just down. We left with smiles and just feeling like we had been to church, the way we should leave. I am sorry for any Spring Creekers who read this please don't take offense cause if you read this best odds, you are not the ones I am complaining about.

Plus to top it off Paiglee was amazing in nursery!! Now I don't know if it was a combination of the room being bigger, better and much cooler toys, or that the kids were more laid back, but she walked herself in, looked back once and ran off playing. She came to show me toys but not once did she need to cling to me. I was able to sneak out within the first 10 minutes and the only reason I stayed that long was because I was afraid to leave her. I even kept walking by to see if I could hear her crying. No crying from her, not even at the end when it was pretty much her nap time. When I went to get her she was glad to see me but was not in a hurry to leave. She even colored a picture of our family. I was just so impressed, I was so happy for her to have stayed and to have such an enjoyable time. Now I don't know what lead her to be like this since she knew none of the adults but she did better this time then she did on her first time in our real ward. She left that one screaming her head off. And ever since then Daryl and I have had to take turns to be in the nursery at all times, she would throw fits if we left or attempted to leave. So you would think that from 18 months to 2 years she would adjust but no she has not. So needless to say we are for sure ending our stay here in Laramie by attending Washington Park ward for the remainder of our time.


Here is a picture of Paiglee trying to walk in my high heels today, I tried to get a front picture but she didn't allow it.

No comments: