This morning I woke up and got ready first thing, something I don't do often. Then I made dinner, at Daryl's request of Chicken pot pie. It is always best if it sits before baking. Daryl also made rice Crispy's since he makes them best. Then we all headed to Wal-Mart for a few groceries. Daryl wanted to go out for lunch so he picked Quiznos and his sandwich was great, he kept talking about how tasty it was, plus the girls were great and ate really well too. Then we came home and he opened his gift from me and the girls. We bought him a new Michigan hoodie because his other two shank a bit and aren't his favorite anymore. He really liked the one I picked out. Then it was nap time and that means down time for mom and dad. But I had too much to do. I sewed on a ribbon hook holed to Paiglee's stocking. Then I had to replace some light on a garland strand that went out. I had some church stuff to get caught up on. Then Paiglee wanted to go play in the snow. I tried to get her snow stuff out of her room while Emery was sleeping, but I woke her up. We all ended up going out to play in the snow. It was a blast, Paiglee had her friend from across the street come play too. We played in the back yard then headed to the front to play with sleds. Daryl and I ended up building a hill in out front yard with all the snow, so the girls could sled down. It worked out great it was perfect. It is the most fun we have had in the snow in a long time. Emery took a while to warm up to it all but she was just a grump period. Then we had to get ready for dinner since we had some guests come for dinner.
It was a really great day and I am so glad that Daryl feels that it was too. I really try hard to make his Birthday a good day for him. Here are some pictures I took from playing in the snow.
The hill was pretty great considering we made it and the picture doesn't do it justice. It really shot them down and we had to make a stopper at the bottom so they didn't go into the neighbors drive and into their truck. They had a blast and there is nothing better than hearing everyone come in from playing outside together saying it was so much fun. It was great family time. It just made it all better than it was D's Birthday and such a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment