Sunday, February 17, 2013

Emery's Two Year Birthday

It has been a while since Emery's Birthday in fact about a month.  My bad!  Better late then never, right?
Her Birthday was on a Sunday and we thought we would have my dad come to celebrate their birthday's together.  I love that my Dad and Emery share the same birthday.  My Dad came up that Thursday I think and helped fix somethings around the house cause we had a heaving joist in our crawl space.  Then Saturday we took my Dad to Zero Dark 30 it was good.  Except for the stupid old man that kept bugging us (but no need to get into that).  Sunday we went to church and then celebrated after nap time.  I wanted to keep things simple, that is just how we are doing birthday's for a while.  We skyped my sister and my mom so they could see some of the birthday festivities.  It was nice.  

I made Rainbow cupcakes for Emery and German Chocolate cake for my Dad


This is a great picture of my Dad


This is the register she was able to buy with birthday money from Grandma Michael and Aunt Allison. She is obsessed with it.


D and I only bought her one gift since we just had Christmas.
I insisted on wrapping it!  Daryl also assembled it then jimmy rigged the box around it, so she could ride it right away.


She Really was more into her register than opening gifts.  She is looking at Aunt Allison on the computer.  I love Skype.


I think she likes it.  It will be even better outside when it warms up.


Singing Happy Birthday and I played on the piano we have video of it and I didn't do so hot it is actually embarrassing to watch and even more comical with D trying to sing slow with my crappy playing.  Oh well!


She looks excited about the cupcake but she wouldn't eat it.
They were lethal so I had neighbors come over and help us eat them.


The inside turned out pretty cool, I was scared all the colors would just blend and make brown.


She prefers her ice cream


All the cupcakes minus some that were already eaten, I made cream cheese frosting it was so good with them.


Emery received a lot of nice gifts one of her most favorites would be this tutu skirt Grandma Koch bought her she wore it to bed that night and as done so several times since then.


It was a great day and I am so glad my Dad came to share the day and have fun with us for a couple days.  Birthday's are a double edged sword for me.  I love the fun and festiveness of the day but it always makes me sad to think my babies are getting older and especially my baby baby.  I commented on facebook that I would love to go back and relive Emery's Birth date  every birthday if I could.

I haven't taken her to her two year appointment yet because she has been sick a lot but she is getting so big.  Her two year molars are coming in and that has made life rough for all around here lately.  Paiglee wasn't nearly as bad at teething as Emery is.  Also funny thing Paiglee also has her 6 year molars coming in so we have had mouth aches for all.

1 comment:

littlejensenfamily said...

She is two already?! CRAZY! She sure is cute!