Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Morning/Day

Christmas morning didn't start as early as I thought it might.  I was so thankful because I had a very late night.  I woke up feeling like I could be getting a sore throat.  I wanted to get the look on Paiglee's face when she saw what Santa had brought.  It was hard my video camera was acting up and not holding a charge even a little bit.  I usually like to record the whole Christmas morning but it just wasn't working as usual.  I did miss a good portion of it because the camera turned off and I had no clue, so frustrating.


When paiglee came down she walked by the cookies and milk left out for Santa and saw the note left by him to her and Emery.  She really loved it!  We let the girls check out what Santa had brought for them and open the wrapped gifts he brought and their stockings.  Then we let them play with that stuff while I got the cinnamon rolls all ready to eat.  Emery was in heaven the minute she saw her Cozy Coupe she got in and didn't get out for anything not even to eat.  She didn't even want to open the wrapped gifts from Santa.  Paiglee loved her big wheel, she unwrapped her gift and the gift marked to both the girls.  Paiglee at least sat down to eat a little bit of cereal, but she was done before I even got a bite of a cinnamon roll.  I ended up taking some cinnamon rolls to our friends across the street.

When I got back home Emery still wouldn't get out of the coupe to eat and we couldn't connivence Paiglee to eat anymore.  We moved on to opening the rest of the gifts.  We had to save all the gifts from Grandma Koch because she wanted to see the girls open them over Skype, so we saved those ones.  The girls opened their gifts and loved it all.  I think they got everything almost that their little hearts wanted.  Paiglee did make a special gift for Daryl and I from school.  It was two little magnets that are made with the clear stones and paper mod podged to the back.  I have some already and I absolutely loved the ones she made, one of my favorite gifts.
 
She was way excited


Emery gave this look a lot opening her gifts.  I couldn't get her to look at the camera in any of her pictures.


 Wiggles DVD she was so excited!



More wiggles love her face or the part that I got



Look how patiently Emery waited while Daryl opened her baby for her, it was too sweet.



I don't know why but Paiglee looks so old in this picture to me.


Opening the present Grandpa Koch sent the girls, they loved it a ton.


 Paiglee took control and look how nice Emery just sat and watched, it just melted me heart.



Paiglee had been dying to have this Tangled tower for almost a year and she finally got it, look at her face.


I made cloth baby doll diapers for Emery's baby doll.  She loved them and brought them right over for me to put on her baby. 


 Being a good mama



The girls helped me open Daryl's and my gift from Grandma Koch, a fire safe box, we really have wanted one for some time now.  We almost bought one for ourselves.


The girls playing after everything was done.  This was a rare time of Emery allowed Paiglee to be in the coup.




 I was cooking and found Paiglee playing in Emery's coup while she was napping.  I love this picture of her, she is beautiful.


We saved Daryl's brother's gift that they gave to us for last.  It was a heavy large box.  I will just say now that D and I think it was the most thoughtful creative gift of the century, Daryl said a small century.  They won the gift giving awesomeness award, if there were such a thing.  D's family does a gift exchange for one sibling each Christmas and it is planned out.  We all have a paper that rotates all eight kids for the next thirty or more years, it is really clever.  But D's brother asked us what we would like and D and I agree we would rather prefer people to not worry about D or me and do stuff for the kids.  I guess he wanted to know what we all wanted.  I told Daryl tell him food storage preparedness stuff.  Well there were tons of calls from his brother asking if we liked certain things and what we thought of this or that.  I had no clue what we were getting and I don't think D did either.  We opened the box and we had a card that read  "I hope that Christmas happens this year with the Mayan Calendar coming to an end it is uncertain.  So incase of apocalypse I made the wrapping paper practical for a quick exodus.  It is the present that is made for the on the go family.  Just grab, run to the shelter and unwrap." This box had a bag for each person, a bug out bag.  In all the bags there was a freeze dried ice cream bar, a head lamp for everyone except Emery I don't think they make them that small she had a little flashlight, trail mix and fiber one bars.  Daryl and I had MREs and jerky in ours.  The MRE's are from the United States Department of Defense.  Then the girls each had an outfit in there bags and Daryl got one of his brother's Green Berea's team shirt (it is pretty awesome), I got a knit ear warmer.  Then in a bigger bag there were board games like four I think and then some Liberty Orchards treats and other good stuff, oh and a Sonicare tooth brush.  I used it and it rocks my oral hygiene world.  My pearly whites felt like I had just had my teeth cleaned.  I think that was it, it was crazy and it blew D's and my little world.  But really it made us both think.  Man how thoughtful creative and awesome, we should be better gift givers.  It made us want to try and be better in that department next time.

After we opened all the gifts we then Skyped Grandma Koch and let the girls open those gifts and talked to her for a bit.  Then we wanted to Skype Grandma and Grandpa Michael to chat and let the girls show them some of their gifts.  By this time it had been several hours and my sore throat I woke up with was kind of bugging me and my head was pounding and my body felt so fatigued.  We cleaned up the mess a little and played with the girls and their new toys and thank goodness for those Fiber One bars D's brother gave to us or Emery might have not eaten other wise.  We just tried to get some order back to the bode and clutter out of the living room.

Emery was in heaven with her cozy coupe.  It was a fight just to get her dressed or change her diaper.  Daryl walked over to get her and Emery slammed the door to her coupe closed and said "no, no, no!"  He would open the door then she would jerk it and slam it closed again with a "no."  Paiglee was in heaven with her big wheel even though she couldn't really ride it.  She loved the angry bird track she got and the remote control truck, she really loved it all.  Emery also had keys that made noise and she would hold them to her ear like a cell phone.

I had to get some food going for our Christmas dinner that evening.  We planned a dinner with our friends the Mikesell's.  They made prime steak and I had the potatoes and the jello and the rolls to prepare.  I was suppose to do a cake but I opted out since our friends were making yummy to die for bread pudding.  We spent the rest of the day lounging around and playing.  Then we went to our friend's house for dinner and had a great time.  It was late when we arrived home again but I needed to get the girls a bath.  I did Paiglee first because I knew Emery would not go willingly.  Daryl was already taking down the Christmas decorations and the tree.  Emery began to help so then we all helped Daryl take it down.  When it was time for me to bath Emery she ran to her coupe got in and closed the door as fast as she could and said "no, no, no!"  I took her out and she screamed and cried the whole time I bathed her.  The minute I got her jammies on she was running to the stairs.  She was mad when I still had to do her hair.  I mean you would think that we were killing her the way she was acting.  All because she wanted to play with her coup.  But it was already later than we like for them to go to bed so she wasn't happy when it was sleep time either.  Good thing is she was so tuckered out it didn't last long.

We had a great Christmas and had so much fun with the girls.  Paiglee is at the point where she is aware and is now probably going to be able to remember traditions.  She is at the most perfect magical age in my opinion.  Emery participated more than last year and enjoyed the gifts more and the excitement was a little more there with her.  She did say "tane ku" after she opened some of her gifts that were not prompted, man she makes me want to gobble her up.  She was so patient and calm.  It was so sweet to watch her.  Paiglee of course was her out of control excited self.  We have to remind her to slow down and take her time that the gifts won't dissolve.

We were all so tired from the day and the previous day and the commotion around the house with all the festivities so this next week or so before we go back to school will be so nice as we recoup and relax all while ringing in the new year.  While I do miss sitting and looking at the lit Christmas tree I am glad that life is getting a little more normal.  Although normal might be a little longer.

I noticed I don't have a picture of Paiglee on her big wheel which is crazy.  She wasn't able to ride it a ton in the house it was just too big, although I have her on video tape on it.  But We did end up going to Daryl's work to let the girls play with their new toys on Wednesday.  Emery had fun being pushed by Daryl or me and Paiglee loved being able to spin out on her big wheel.

Funny Story while we were at the school playing I was pushing Emery in her car.  Well I was wearing my snow boots and they are lace ups and I keep the laces loose in a knot so I never have to tie  and can slip on and off with ease.  Well there are hooks at the top for the laces and I usually have my pants tucked into the boots somehow.  Yes I look super awesome and ghetto, but I don't care.  Anyway I was running while pushing emery and one of my shoe laces caught the hook of the other boot and so my feet were tied and all my moment was going forward and my feet couldn't stop and they kept trying to take big steps while tied up and I fell like a sack of potatoes almost like a calf whose legs have just been hog tied.  I thought Daryl would have seen, nope he was on the iPad oblivious to what happened.  I was laughing so hard and Paiglee was looking at me like I was a lunatic and then began to laugh at me along with Emery.  Daryl asked what happened I tell him while laughing so hard at myself and then he says how did he miss it and then says well there are video camera's in here so when he goes back to work he will be checking to see if they got me on tape.  My thought "Aaaaaawesssssome! not!" Seriously he and his co-workers are going to get a great laugh at my expense.

Until next year, Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: