Saturday, May 15, 2010

Life just keeps movin' on

So I think this is the worst I have ever been at blogging. It isn't because life has been boring or uneventful. It is mostly because I have a hard time focusing on everything in life and giving everything in life my 100% undivided attention. I tend to focus my energy on one big thing and do good in that department then something else comes and I am good there and the cycle goes on and on. Why can't I just be one of those people who can read a book, walk, balance a plate on my head, have a conversation, and clean a mess all at once. But I am not and other things have taken precedence. I guess blogging has been the one thing I don't really feel horrible about slacking on. I really don't want to do a post for each thing that has gone on around here so I figure a little about everything in this post, so beware it is super long and no pictures.

May 1, 2010
We had a Birthday party to go to, it was for Paiglee's little buddy Bryson. It was a BBQ/Birthday party. The kids had fun, they had a silly string war that the adults were more than willing to participate in. There was lots of food to be eaten and cake as well. The kiddies danced to a really neat Wii game. Then later on Fara and I battled against each other to see who could shake it the best, by default I won, only because Fara's remote wouldn't always register her movement. The kids hit the piñata and that was entertaining for all. Who wouldn't want to watch a bunch of 2-5 year olds hit an object with a stick. Paiglee made the funniest face like she was about to kill the piñata. So she might have some anger management problems we will work through it. No it is the exact same face I use to make when I was a kid when I was trying to exert all my strength, pretty funny.


May 2, 2010
It was Stake Conference here, but that isn't the exciting part. We headed to Utah so Daryl could help bless Stacie Michael the newest addition to John and Lenna's family. She was born April 27th or 28th I forget. It was also their Stake Conference so the blessing was done at their home, with a lunch that followed. We just drove down for the day since the weather wasn't great before and Daryl had to work on Monday. But it was good to see John and his family and catch up. Paiglee is much older than the last time we visited them, so she was off and playing in no time with all her cousins. She was pretty shy though, but I know she enjoyed herself a ton. And of course it was great to be able to hold Stacie. And although I took my camera I didn't even think to pull it out while we were there, it was super busy and it wasn't on my mind to take a picture.

May 4, 2010
Paiglee has had this diarrhea thing going on, no other symptom, and nothing too bad it has been going on ever since we got back from Utah. I am taking her to the doctor this week. I am not too worried I think it might be an allergy or something to whatever she is eating. I am clueless on it though, but it hasn't really alarmed me because she isn't dehydrated and she doesn't go more than usual really maybe a few times more. It is probably just a viral bug, to which there is nothing to do for that. But if it doesn’t go away soon we will head back to the doctor, or Laramie to people I trust more.

May 8, 2010
It was a pretty busy Saturday trying to clean out the garage and doing the usual boring old stuff around the house. But we decided to go to running Governor Matt Mead's meet and greet lunch. We were an hour and a half late but I am glad I went anyways. I didn't think I would actually get to talk to him so I didn't prep all my questions I could have had. But I did ask him two big ones that would make a difference in my voting. All I have to say, he was point on with the education. He was very informative and just a great guy to talk to. Daryl and I were able to talk to Matt Mead for about 30 minutes. So I think I was able to get a good sense of who he is, although just go to his web page and it would be about as good as meeting him. Daryl and I both left that lunch feeling really good about him and we were impressed, and we didn't feel pressured about anything. Really enjoyed it! I recommend any Wyoming resident to look into Matt Mead and get informed.

May 9, 2010
I received a new calling, when I was released from my old calling (second counselor in the primary presidency), I was not given a new one and I was super sad when I was told I was being released. I absolutely loved the calling and the ladies I served with. But the next day I was given my new calling which is the first counselor in the primary presidency, so I wasn't gone for long. I am so glad to be back in there but I am going to miss the ladies I served with they were all amazing. But I do look forward to the new presidency and getting to know some of those ladies better. The only real difference from this calling and the last is now I have to plan the Primary Program, yeah, uummm....don't throw food when it sucks. I will need a lot of help, and will be looking for all ideas possible. Good thing the internet is full of ideas, so I can take them. Paiglee also gave another talk in Primary she is getting better, and more willing to say more words and say them clearly and not hold back like she tends to do.

Week of May 10, 2010
This was my first week back to working out since right before Easter. It was hard to be back in the groove. But I went to spin class and really liked the lady who taught that one, much better than the other ones I have been to. Then I went to a Zumba class it is this new big craze I am sure some if not most have heard of this. It is a trade, you go to school to learn how to do it, which I am not sold on totally cause some of the stuff they had us do I have been doing in my bedroom since high school. But it is pretty much dancing, and shakin' what your momma gave you. Some of the stuff I swear you would see in a rap video shakin' your booty. But I had fun and I am not new to shakin' my booty I have been doin' it for a while. Plus I have a lot to shake, watching some of the skinny chicks do it cracked me up, nothing was shaking, well except for bones. But it isn’t just shakin’ your but it is samba, salsa, al sorts of dancing. But I tell you what it was a great workout and I am pumped to do it again. I guess they make a Zumba video, it is a whole little world clothes and all for it. They had all shapes and sizes and ages of women and men in there doing it, there were elderly women in there. Talk about funny, but it was an amazing workout, I am super sore from it. You seriously have to be able to laugh at yourself and let loose. I loved it!!! I actually can’t get enough of it.

We have had other stuff going on, we hung-up our screen door for the back door. I have been busy cleaning our new/used grill we were given. It took several days, the person before didn't treat it the best. I swear if I spent 300 bucks on something I would treat it better. I am watching two little boys every Friday until school is out then, next school year I will watch them every day or 3 days a week. We have been busy, and enjoying the very few nice days we get. Hopefully this next week is suppose to bring warm sunny weather. Paiglee's pre-school ends on May 27th I am sad just cause she loves going and her friends she made there is really the only time other than at church or playgroup she gets to interact with kids her own age. I will miss it because it was a break for me to do whatever I needed or wanted. I haven't been great at taking pictures lately, but maybe when it is nice I will feel like taking them.

But that is what we have been up to I am sure I missed something.

No comments: