So this week is Spring Break for Rock Spring schools, so Daryl will be home all week. Today was his morning to sleep in a bit. Paiglee came in and I put on a movie for her, I went back to bed, then a few minutes later she came and said she wanted to eat. So I went downstairs, realized we didn't have much for her to eat for breakfast so I let her choose. She didn't want a granola bar instead she wanted a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. I thought okay whatever you want, I don't care I am too tired. So I made it for her, put the lid on things and went back to my bed. I then woke up to a little girl with a ton of Jelly on her hands. I jumped out of bed and figured well this is the usual she can't eat a PB&J without making a mess with her hands. So I took her to the bathroom and washed her up. But then I was thinking man this is a ton of Jelly, it was in her hair and on her chest and legs, I then thought wait didn't she have PJ's on. Well then I made my way downstairs and was greeted to this......
I about lost it, I just kept saying no, no, no, OH MY GOSH PAIGLEE!!! Then I walked to the other side of the wall and saw this......
look closely you can see her perfect hand print at first glance it looks like blood
She took a break during it all to watch TV
I then flipped, I said OH MY GOSH YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!!!! Paiglee knew she was in trouble. I grabbed her by the arm walked her upstairs and during the walk I told her she was in huge trouble that she wasn't leaving her room for a VERY LONG TIME!!! She was of course crying and being dramatic. I wanted to cry too. I wasn't really yelling or screaming just talking very loud, which woke Daryl up (it was his morning to sleep in) I hear him ask what did she do? I just replied you don't want to know, just don't come out you don't want to know. He came downstairs and began to take pictures; I stopped looked at him and said, YOU ARE TAKING PICTURES? He said yeah because when you aren't so mad you are going to blog about this. I was mad not as mad as I can become by any means, but I was not happy. I mean it is my fault that she did this since I did go back to bed and left the Jelly out. So I didn't stay too mad at her for long. My biggest problem was, I should be able to leave the room for 15-20 minutes (that is how long it was) without her making a huge mess like this and getting into things she darn well knows she shouldn't. So I was mad for that reason. As we were cleaning we were both just so grateful it wasn't worse than it could have been. She only got a few specs on the carpet, which came right out with good ol' OXI Clean. She did have PJ's on but took them off sometime during her jelly painting because they were covered in jelly. She did smash a bit of jelly in her trampoline which was a little difficult to clean. She not only got it on the couch cover but also the couch which with OXI Clean came right out. She did have a few and prints up with wall going upstairs, but really we are surprised she didn’t have a bigger hay day than she had.
So lesson learned keep jelly out of reach at all times, don't go back to bed,
Oh and she did spend forever in her room, it was the only punishment I could think of that didn't involve hanging her by her little tootsies.
What would you other mothers have done?
Oh and we didn't take pictures of this in front of Paiglee I didn't want her to think it was cute, or funny.
6 comments:
oh wow, one of a mom's worst nightmares. I hope you get it all out of the couch :)
Holy crap! I couldn't believe that mess. I'm glad Daryl took pictures. You're not alone, in the mess, in the anger, in the blogging. :) ha ha
Wowzer when you were telling me about it I don't think I really understood what happened. I kind of thought it was mostly contained to the kitchen. Good job keeping your cool and not crying. I think I would have cried. Holy Moly.
Oh my heck - that is a TON of jelly! One day when Tegan was two, he got into my brand new (expensive) makeup and had a hayday! He had mascara, lipstick, eyeshadow, you name it all over the carpet and himself. Gotta love these kids! :) You did good!
Fun times. I probably would have yelled more and threatened. When all else fails threaten. :) You'll be happy to know you're a "normal" mom. Seriously who wouldn't have been a little traumatized by that sight.
Goodness. That is a lot of jelly! It's funny that Daryl took pictures, knowing you'd want to blog on it. Clark knows now to take lots of pictures so I can put them on my blog.
Post a Comment