Saturday, March 7, 2009

Some of my Two Cents

So for those who don’t know Ezra Taft Benson he was the former Secretary of Agriculture for President Eisenhower and was the thirteenth President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints. He gave a talk in 1966 about the welfare of this country and its future, and I find it so interesting that although things were going on at that time when he delivered his talk that pertained to what was going on then but I feel it has more significance now. About forty four plus years ago an Apostle of the church told us these things to come and what could be expected. Now I look at our current state of affairs in this country and can’t help but be dumbfounded. If you want to read the 50 minute talk that President Benson gave click here. As I have read a few of his talks and speeches I came to find he talks of Freedom, the Constitution, his love for our founding fathers, the coming of the Lord, being prepared, this country’s future, and many things political. I am also pleasantly surprised at how political he is in his talks. These days you rarely hear this, and I think it is because of the time we live in. Now I must add I was only a year old when he became the President of the church and I never paid much attention to his words. But when I did a search I came across him, and my eyes were widened. I am so intrigued by his words that he spoke even before I was born that I can’t help but read as much as I can. As I have been reading his talks and speeches I can’t help but realize that what he prophesied of during his time is now coming to pass and that he was a very wise man and a Prophet of God for a reason.

I will be the first to admit that I am somewhat a sign seeker (not fully, I don’t waste my time doing it and it doesn’t get in the way of my everyday life). I like to watch the news because to me it is full of prophesied scripture coming to pass. But at the same time it scares the crap out of me. I do not want War, economic trouble or whatever else. I like the days where I don’t have to think about all the bad and horrible things going on around me. But to me it is a not so friendly reminder of what my goal is each and every day, to be prepared. Ever since a few General Conferences ago I have been trying to get “our house in order” (President Hinckley). I truly feel time is running short.

Also this is my own opinion but I feel with our new current President we are headed fast for socialism if we are not careful. Now I don’t care if you disagree with me, really I don’t, this is my two cents. I truly believe that this country is in a horrible situation, not because it is right now but that this is just the frosting on the cake. As I watch and read all the stuff in the media I can’t help but be upset about what the leaders of this country are doing. All I can say is hold on tight the ride is going to suck.

These Video clips are also pretty good I usually worry about putting clips on that I am not sure have been tampered with or who posted it but I am fine with these ones. Plus I love what they have to say. You can find the whole speech of Ezra Taft Benson here.














These links will also take you to some of Ezra Taft Benson's Talks
A Witness and a Warning
A Voice of Warning
Prepare Yourself for the Great Day of the Lord
I Testify

If you only read one I would suggest I Testify

Hopefully my jumbled thoughts make sense enough to get my point across

2 comments:

Beth said...

such wise men our prophets are.

Samantha said...

I love President Benson too! Thanks for the links!