Monday, September 15, 2008

Temple day and Shopping

Saturday was our Stake Temple day and Daryl and I decided to go although Daryl couldn't go in since he was gone during the time the Stake Presidency was doing interviews. So I went in without him. I have been dying to go to the temple since I think the last time we went was last summer. I know we are bad, we use to go once a month until we had Paiglee and then well it was whenever we had the courage to make the trip with her or Daryl wasn't swapped with things to do. But any who… Our session began at 8:30 am and our Temple is the Vernal Temple. It really isn't that far but since you drive through mountains it is about 2-2 and half hours. Let me just say we will not be going to Vernal to attend the temple. First this drive is through mountains and at many points there were scary parts that didn't even have a guard rail. Then to add the switch backs and all the turning then having to turn around in the car to deal with Paiglee's demands I finally told Daryl either you deal with her crying or me throwing up everywhere. I laid my head down and closed my eyes. I can't do that again, plus I am tired of my drive to the temple being stressful. When we went to Denver it was the traffic and the city (because we all know Denver is the most poorly organized city) and now it is carsickness and feeling like a strong wind just might blow us right off the road and down a steep mountain. Not my cup of tea, it doesn't help that I have horrible dreams of driving off the road that is high with not guard rail so it makes me feel horribly uneasy. So we will only attend Vernal when it is ward or stake days. We will either go to Ogden or Salt Lake and either way it is the same time even though those two are further, so it will be no big deal. Plus there are things to do in those towns after attending the temple.
But I must say this, the Vernal temple is gorgeous. It was an old Stake Center that was converted into a temple. I know you might be thinking how in the world is, that going to be pretty like so many gorgeous temples. Plus you think red brick for church building and white stone for temple. Well not only does it look like a temple on the outside it is even more beautiful inside. I think it is more beautiful than the Denver temple and bigger. I have to show a picture because I don't think many people know what the Vernal Temple looks like nor that there was a Vernal temple, I sure as heck didn't know. But it is very beautiful inside and I was so glad I got to attend. Daryl and I agreed we would go again as much as possible and hopefully once a month.




After attending the temple I had arranged for Beth and me to go to Park City to go shopping. I needed to make a trip because poor Paiglee had no warm clothing for the fall or winter. Literally all of it was summer stuff even her dresses. So Gary and Daryl were nice enough to ride back with one another and take Paiglee and Beth and I headed to Park City. It was a long drive especially since we drove so long and so early that morning. But we got there and it was great. I found great deals and had a lot of fun shopping for Paiglee. The Park City outlet malls are great and I think it will be somewhere I will frequent often. I bought Paiglee some pants form Old Navy because they are the best since in the waist of all their pants they have an elastic band that you can tighten or loosen. I don't know why other companies haven't caught on and done the same thing. But because they do that it is the first store I will look for pants for Paiglee. It makes it so you can buy bigger pants that can last for probably double the time. I love to shop for Paiglee almost more than myself because everything looks good on her. I was very good and restrained myself from shopping for myself; the day was strictly for Paiglee. We ended the day by stopping at TJ Max and then headed home. It had been a long day and I think we were both ready to be home. Although Beth decided to take a little detour to Ogden which was completely the wrong direction we were able to get turned around and headed the right direction. It was pretty freakin’ funny! We arrived home safely and Beth didn't kill us ; ) and we got great deals so who can really complain, it was a great day.
see her new shoes oshkosh is great!



I don't know why she had her finger in her mouth in every picture

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like she's trying to brush her teeth.
It didn't even occur to me that you guys are closer to Utah temples now. Definitely opens things up for more choices, eh?

Carrie said...

I knew there was a temple in Vernal, but I had never seen a picture of it, it is beautiful!!

Maria said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! The outlet mall in Park City is really nice. I am the same as you, I think I enjoy shopping more for the kids than for me. Funny.

Samantha said...

Glad you enjoyed the temple, sorry the actual trip wasn't so fun! We warned ya! :) As far as cute paper, around here...good luck! :) There are 2 scrapbook stores in green river, I think one is better then the other. Let me know if you have checked those out before and if not, I will get you the info. Otherwise, I stock up when I go to Idaho or Utah! :) I also sell some stuff if you want a catalog. Talk to you soon!

Trish said...

Endust is kindof like Pledge or other dusting cleaners. It must have a special shine something in it though because everything looked shiny when I was finished. I got the hypoallergenic kind. All of us have allergies so I have to be careful what cleaners I use so I'm not setting someone's allergies off. I also like the outlet malls and buying for the kids. Shopping for me is totally frustrating, but for the kids is always fun.

Anonymous said...

I know I hate the trip up there too. I can't wait to go shopping in Park City again, I love those outlets!