Friday, April 25, 2008
A twinkle of light at the end of the tunnel
I was going to wait to post this until Daryl talked to his family, but he has yet to get around to it. So I thought oh well I will just get on with it. So we finally heard some good news. Daryl has an interview in Rock Springs for a job. We are both just glad we have one. Now some might know that Rock Springs was one of the last places we wanted to go along with Casper but we can't really be picky at this point because they are the only ones who have shown interest. I was a little bummed at first but then Daryl and I got thinking if we end up there it actually wouldn't be too bad. We have done a lot of praying and fasting over this whole job situation and this last Sunday we both came away feeling we will get a job we just don't know where and Daryl also got the impression that it isn't time for me to go back to school. CRAZY!!! Daryl has really wanted me to go back and I want to also to get it done with and out of the way. But he said he doesn't think I should, so even though I am signed up for classes and everything this summer and fall I am waiting to drop any of them until I am sure where we are going to end up. Daryl and I so badly wanted to end up in Cheyenne but at this point we both feel that isn't going to happen. It is too hard to get in and probably it isn't supposed to happen. But if we were to end up in Rock Springs it couldn’t be further from what we had planned. I guess the Lord obviously knows something we don't. I have been struggling to put all my trust in his hands and Although I have tried my best I think it is clear that maybe I don't know what is best for me. But I know that if I wouldn't have put so much trust into him this whole Rock Springs thing wouldn't be happening ( I think we might have turned it down, how dumb would that be), it makes it easier when you know that it is not your own will but the Lord's. Then I trust it can't be all that bad, right? Oh I must add Daryl and I feel like this might be our only interview we are going to get anyway, so I hope all goes well. But I am sure it is cause like I have said before the interview part is where Daryl does the best, we just need in the door so then people can see what he has to offer. Well we are hoping for the best and I will be sure to post what happens with it, but the interview isn't until May 8th who knows between now and then someone else might call.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh I hope that he gets a good job! It is so hard trying to decide where you want to go from good ol' Laramie. Greeley was really good to us. Rock Springs I'm sure would be fine. Just remember to think positive and have a great attitude (which I think that you are). The Church will be wherever you go and that will help tremendously! It's funny how sometimes what we want is not what the Lord has in mind for us. We had that happen when we left Greeley to move here to AZ. We were perfectly content and happy, but for some reason we're supposed to be here. Hang in there and everything will work out. :)
good luck with the interview! i hope it goes well. it's so hard to be willing to say the lord has a better plan than we have for ourselves! i'm impressed that you have such a great attitude about it.
That is great. Look at me I never thought I would end up in Montana, and now I love it. Who knows it could be GREAT!!
Post a Comment