Cognitive: She demonstrates high cognitive skills. She matches shapes within a nine piece shape board and carefully scans to match the pieces to the shape (she did it really fast I might add). She can match colors (can you believe it I knew she knew the difference but not to this extent, amazing). She does representational play shown by drinking out a cup and attempting to feed a stuffed bear.
Language: Her language skills are delayed (I already knew this) She follows simple directions with cues and identified one common object when named.
Fine Motor: Her fine motor skills are in the High range. She imitates both a vertical and horizontal stroke using a transitional grasp patter, builds a tower of five one inch blocks (I must say she builds bigger ones but the cubes were so small), she places coins in a bank slot, and takes connecting blocks apart.
Gross Motor: She is in the high range (this one was a given). She jumps forward 10-12 inches, jumps down from a trampoline in the home, and runs with age appropriate coordination. She kicks a ball forward and can walk backwards.
Social-Emotional: Her skills are in the average range. She exhibits pretend play and is interested in others.
Adaptive: Her adaptive skills are in the average range. She feeds herself using fork or spoon she helps for dress and wipes her face when given a cloth. She is a good eater.
Sensory: They didn't do this one cause the lady couldn't make it but there are some things we want to work on with her. This would help me keep her calmer when it is time to be calm like at church.
Musculoskeletal screen is in normal limits she does have in toeing on both feet hyper mobility in her forefoot and ankles. She like to w-sit with feet turned in when playing on the floor.
Feeding skills picky eater but has followed normal growth curve and is lactose intolerant.
Then they score each area with a number then total it and that is your composite score anything between 85-115 is normal and it tells you at what month level she is functioning at. Then it also gives a scaled score and the norm for that is 7-13 oh and when Paiglee took the test she was 19 months
*note the list I tried to make wouldn't work so the numbers go in order of the composite, scaled and age, hopefully it makes sense.
Composite Score, Scaled Score, AgeEquivalent
Cognitive-(high) 115, 13, 23 Months
Total Language- 74,-,-
-Receptive (Below) -,5 ,13 months
-Expressive (Below) -,6, 15 months
Total Motor 118,-,-
-Fine Motor(High) -,13, 25 months
-Gross Motor (High) -,13, 24 months
Social Emotional (Average) 100 ,10,-
Adaptive (Average) 85,-,-
So as you can see she is amazingly smart and she only needs a little catching up with her language and sensory stuff. This is fine because they are going to come to my home and give me exercises and activities to do with her that will help. Also she isn't delayed because of anything other than she was so busy working on all her amazing physical skills that her language was put on the back burner, so the way I see it my baby is going to be a brilliant child. I really enjoyed doing this, it reaffirmed stuff we already know and then tenfold. I can't tell you how good it feels to see your child succeed at pretty much a test. The ladies loved her and couldn't believe all the physical stuff she was able to do. I am such a proud mama.
I also wanted to share that our family has hit a mile stone with Paiglee, I feel like jumping up and down and screaming!! She folds her arms for family prayer. Daryl kept motioning for her to fold her arms and she finally mimicked him while I was praying and when I was done I looked over and she had her head bowed looking at us with her arms folded the best she could. Let me tell you she got so much praise for that one. I don't think I will ever forget this. I have been asking friends how they get their kids to do it and they said their kids just followed suit. It took consistency on our part with prayer every night and it pays off (plus now we are in the habit of doing it every night). I can't tell you how much that means to me and how happy it makes me. If only I could have had a picture of it. Now I can't wait to see if she does it again tomorrow night.
Paiglee put Cheeze-Its in one of Daryl's shoes there were a lot. She did this when I fell asleep during her wiggle show, she gigled when I found it.
1 comment:
Yay for Paiglee! :-) That is awesome. Maggie wants her to come back and play, by the way. And in answer to your question--I used yellow Conair curlers in Maggie's hair. And yes, we definitely need to have another game night during our break! Let me know what works for you guys!
Post a Comment