Monday, December 31, 2007

A whole lot of catching up

Well it has been forever since I blogged last. I have been busy and when I finally got a minute I never really felt like posting, so for those of you who check my blog regularly sorry.


Well Christmas was great, we enjoyed being with family. I will say though since I have been married we have always gone to Daryl's parents house for Christmas and to not do it this year was weird and I really did miss it because for some reason it didn't feel like Christmas. When we went to his parents for Thanksgiving that felt like Christmas even though there wasn't a tree and Christmas lights at the time. I came home feeling like I already had Christmas. Any way, it was nice to be home, cause I was praying for a lot of snow and for the most part I got it. I now wouldn't mind if it warmed up. I know I am never satisfied. Curtis was here and I made him a nice big lunch on Christmas Day which turned out pretty good. Also my brother Dustin was here and I haven't seen him for three years, that was nice to see him. Paiglee was a little spoiled this year not from us but from Grandparents. Thank you we appreciate it. Daryl and I both are returning or exchanging things we got each other so that isn't too bad. Daryl insisted that we get Paiglee a recliner with her money she got from Christmas so here she is in it watching TV something to add to her bad habit. It is our faults completely, right? In the picture with the blanket I made that for her.

It has been a lot of relaxing and watching movies. None great enough to recommend, we are dying for some new ones to come out on DVD to rent. Since today is New Years Eve we are just going to hangout with my parents and my mom is making a nice dinner and her apple pie which is the best I have ever had, I don't try to make it my self because it is all scratch and making things by scratch well in my opinion sucks. We plan on playing games and for Daryl and I we would like to get to bed at a decent hour since we have been going to bed no earlier than 11:30-midnight for about a week. It is catching up with us quickly. So we just might not be awake to welcome the New Year.

We have been wanting to go sledding but the temperature here hasn't gone above freezing for days or longer so that is out of the question. We are hoping to make it over to Cheyenne this week to see Daryl's Grandma since it has been forever since we last saw her. Last time we were going to it snowed and we weren't able to make it before Christmas. Nothing really exciting has happened.

I must add because this is so exciting for me. For Christmas Paiglee received a little purple back pack from her Grandma and Grandpa Michael, well it was full of books, notepad, crayons that are so neat, and a toy car, a mini pony and a snack bowl and a small doll. Well it is for travel, that is what it said on the tag, but I decided to make it a fun bag that Paiglee can carry to church to keep her quiet. Well I have to say besides the Doodle pro I bought her this purple bag is my favorite. Paiglee was great yesterday at church, and some might be thinking, that it sounds no different than putting snacks and toys in a baby bag. Well for some reason it is different, and I only took Paiglee out once Yesterday to change her diaper and she didn't cry when we went back in. This bag is my saving grace. So thank you so much for this bag Betty.


I added some pictures of her with the back pack full of stuff. I can't get over it, I love it.




One other thing, yesterday Paiglee and I began to make her thank yous for those who gave her presents and I thought it was so cute how she was all serious about it as if she knew they were a little more special than just the coloring we normally do. Oh and she is using her pencil as a phone while she is trying to color, it is so funny to see what she picks up on that me and her dad do, where else would she have gotten that.






I do want to take a minute and reflect on all the blessings we have been given in this past year. I thought this would be a great way to end this year.


We have been blessed with:


-Great extended family, who are so willing to help when we are in need.


-Good Health


-Education and almost being done with Daryl's Masters


-Daryl passing the NCE test


-A job, that helps keep our heads above


-Cars that haven't given out on us yet


-the chance to pay off some debt

-a daughter who brings so much joy and laughter into our home


-renewed eating habits, which has helped us lose weight


-freedom to live in a country we love, and men and women who are so willing to sacrafice their own lives for our freedoms, and I admit I have totally taken this for granted.


-the knowledge of knowing our time in Laramie (Daryl says hell hole) is almost up


-the close friends we have and care so much about


-the gospel which is something that brings so many of our other blessings into light and reminds us daily of what our over all goal is.


May this New Year bring everyone Peace and Happiness

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Glad for the update, Em. I've missed ya. ;) Sounds like a fun recap of everything. Paiglee is too cute in her recliner. I love it! So glad that she was great in church. The backpack thing DOES work. :)